Change in medication - eyetest glasses

gefmayhem

Dislikes
salad
Hi folks
About 6 weeks ago I was put on Lantus.
I had been unable to get my BS reading in single figures for months despite eating a fairly low carb diet.
I now take 16 units last thing at night, along with Glipizide and metformin.
I test first thing in the morning, before lunch, before dinner and last thing at night.
My diet is fairly similar to what I was on before the insulin.
My current BS readings are - 7 day average before breakfast 6.5, 7 day av before lunch 7.5
7 day average before dinner 6.1 and at night its 6.3.
7 day average of all my readings is 6.7
Similar testing before the insulins gave me a 7 day average of 12.7 (I like spreadsheets!)
Ok my question is, how long do I have to keep my readings at these levels before my eyesight settles down and I can get new glasses?

I really need new glasses but at >£500 a pair I don't want to buy some and have my eyesight change.

I've made that mistake before, I have a pile of contact lenses that I can only use for driving or with reading glasses as well.

Thanks in advance

Gef

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Hi Gef, when I was first diagnosed in hospital I was put on an insulin drip and my bg levels were brought down from 29ish to about 9 pretty much overnight, when I walked out of hospital two days later my eyesight was terrible and I had to wear cheap chemist reading glasses +2.50 to drive!!!

My eyesight gradually returned to normal but it took about 6 weeks in total, I was advised to have an eye test but not for at least 6 weeks or I would be wasting my money.

Hope this helps and good luck

Sid