Changing basal dose

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for the reply, my first question is I thought I was type 1 and don’t know what HCP is, also I struggle to understand things past a certain level but I’m fine with numbers , the DN is putting a pen in the mail that does half units and put my Levemir to twice daily so hopefully this will help, Thanks
emoji4.png

Hi,

No problem. "HCP" is an acronym ot abbreviation & stands for Health Care Professional. General term used regarding Doctor or Nurse.
Sorry , read your post a few more times and get the last bit know, I don’t understand what stacking and mistimed boluses are though

Stacking; you gave a 1u dose to correct the 8.7 on your log? Which would have still been working, (I can drop by 3mmol on 1u.) then you gave 4u for food?
Depending on what exactly & when you ate, the timeline may have been off for what you were digesting pending on your metabolism (some foods need injecting for sooner than the "20 minutes" & the following excersise with the walk? Possibly causing the 3.3 hypo? Novorapid for me can work for upto 5 hours?

Oddly, I can give the right correction dose of novorapid. Take my dog for a walk expecting to be back in range in 2to3 hours.. Only to find I'm borderline hypo in an hour, (low 4s.) & needing just 5g to nip me back & stable till the next meal..

In my experince. This scenario can work? But carful monitoring is needed. (I use a Libre, Maiomaio & XDrip app combo on my phone.)
However, getting the long acting basal right should eliminate to much guessing on what went wrong with the fast acting insulin.

Always feel free to ask. We all have different learning curves.

Hopefully others can add thier own input & you can find your own way.. :)

Reactions: slikwipman

slikwipman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Intolerance
Thanks for your reply, I’ve only just learnt to ask for help after seven years so to say I’m a slow learner would be understating it now I’m determined to control this thing and will succeed,I just need to start learning a bit quicker

Reactions: Glucobabu

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Just keep asking and looking for answers and the learning curve will accelerate!

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Thanks for your reply, I’ve only just learnt to ask for help after seven years so to say I’m a slow learner would be understating it now I’m determined to control this thing and will succeed,I just need to start learning a bit quicker

Hey! We learn at our own pace, in our own way.. We are "wired" individually.. :cool:

Reactions: slikwipman

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi there,
That’s an interesting App for tracking. Which one is it ?

Hi,

It looks like the Mysugr app to me.. Which can be downloaded for free (and has no annoying adds.) from the Android play store?

Hope this helps.

Noddy123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Since working from home with the covid situation i was having more night hypos. i have reduced my basal to 14 i use Tojeou.