Changing clock on libre

col101

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I realise it's s silly question but is it OK to change the clock on a libre tonight while a sensor is active? Don't want sensor to think I'm trying to con it into extended life?

Reactions: Freema and Snapsy

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ooh, good thinking. Had just changed the clock on mine when I saw your post - hadn't thought about it affecting the sensor's working timespan.

A bit like clocking a car......?!

:wideyed:

Reactions: Freema

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Don't know but funny. Fortunately I'm 'between sensors' at the moment.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, my current sensor expires today, so I can verify if the hour made any difference this evening.

Reactions: Snapsy and Freema

Gemma2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I hadn't thought about changing time on my Libre but have now done it even though have still got 5 days left on my sensor. However, I did remember to change the time on my Insight Pump and Handset.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Personally, I thought it more important to have the data recorded at the correct time, than whether I lost or gained an hour. I'll know later on what happens.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can confirm my sensor expired an hour before (on the clock) it would have done, before the clocks went back. I'm guessing the opposite will apply in spring.

Snapsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
However, I did remember to change the time on my Insight Pump and Handset.
Idiotically I only remembered to do my pump at bedtime, not the handset! As such I did my first test in 'old money' at 8.24am, even though my pump (and the rest of the GMT zone) knew it was actually 7.24am.

Bit of a pain not to have managed to log that fasting test at the right time, but I was very impressed when the handset drew my attention to the fact that the time on it was different to the pump, and it asked me if I wanted to change it.

I'll try to remember to do the whole job at the same time come the start of BST!

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can confirm my sensor expired an hour before (on the clock) it would have done, before the clocks went back. I'm guessing the opposite will apply in spring.
That seems a long wait for reimbursement! :(

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I can't get too stressed about it, to be honest, and I'm unlikely, as a part-time user to actually benefit from the reimbursement.

To be honest; would you know, without looking at your data download records whether a sensor finished dead on time or not, in the run of the mill? I certainly wouldn't.

lizdeluz

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I can't get too stressed about it, to be honest, and I'm unlikely, as a part-time user to actually benefit from the reimbursement.

To be honest; would you know, without looking at your data download records whether a sensor finished dead on time or not, in the run of the mill? I certainly wouldn't.

No, nor me! Machines of most kinds baffle me. I have to trust them because I lack the will to investigate them. :)