Changing from lantus to tresiba

Circuspony

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was diagnosed LADA last August and put on lantus and novorapid. In my consultant appointment in October they told me it was normal to feel exhausted because my body was adjusting to sugar levels of <10 rather than >30, but something just didn't feel right. I upped my vitamins, reduced carbs and generally cracked on with life but the aches and pains (think early stages of flu) just weren't shifting. I was crashing out at 8pm every night and had zero energy.

Something on here made me start to google muscle pains and lantus - quite a lot of people only noticing they had a problem when they switched insulin and felt better within weeks.

So I asked my DN for a switch. It probably helped that I was waking up with high BG levels and Tresiba has a 24 hour profile , so I think that was more the case she went on rather than my muscle aches!

What a difference 2 months in. I have loads more energy, the muscle aches have gone, my BG levels during the day are more stable - I used to crash with the smallest amount of exercise - and I'm not collapsing in front of the TV exhausted every night. The morning high BG levels are still there, but it turns out I have quite an impressive DP so that's just something that goes with the 6am alarm call I think.

Now to research an alternative to novorapid :)

Reactions: Buxton1998
D

Deleted Account

Very interesting ... but why, if you are feeling better with the change from Lantus, are you researching a replacement for NovoRapid?

Just curious.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I switched from Lantus to Tresiba a couple of weeks ago. Already feeling much, much better. Bloods are a straight line through the night, and my own muscle pains have eased considerably.

@NoKindOfSusie - this might be of interest to you?

Reactions: mountaintom

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Same story here. Very happy with Tresiba and Fiasp :)

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I had had painful weak shoulders, so bad I was having physio. I thought it was odd all the swim training I do. It wasn’t TIL I changed to Toujeo from Lantus that I made the connection. Have had zero trouble since.

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
I had had painful weak shoulders, so bad I was having physio. I thought it was odd all the swim training I do. It wasn’t TIL I changed to Toujeo from Lantus that I made the connection. Have had zero trouble since.
I’ve been having physio for exactly the same problem, and I’ve noticed a big improvement. I thought it was the physio working, I wonder if it’s that?

Buxton1998

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Omg, I was changed to Tresiba from Lantus and never made the connection, as I’m feeling so much better with no muscle cramps.