1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Chat room

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jazman, Aug 4, 2009.

1. jazman

jazman Type 2 · Member

Hi
    I have been in the chat room several times now without any company. Is it still operational?

jazman

2. cugila

cugila · Master

The chat room is operational but nobody seems to use it much. :?

Ken.

3. lionrampant

lionrampant · Well-Known Member

It's also needlessly complicated. An IRC channel would be much simpler. :D

4. broxiebear1

broxiebear1 · Active Member

why does no one use the chat room .i have went in often and no one there .i think it would be a usefull tool to use
    robert t2 diet

5. suzi

suzi · Well-Known Member

Anytime i've met up with anyone in the chat room, its been late at night, there all night owls! Perhaps it would be a good idea to arrange to meet at a certain time, eg. 9pm and see if anyone takes you up on the offer,
    Suzi x
    Ps, i'm not great on computers, but found it easy to navigate around the chatroom.

6. MrsMoo

MrsMoo · Member

I would love to join the chat room on a regular basis with others to air things etc I think a set time might be a good idea and maybe the ''night'' ones are in other countries?? I too could go with IRC idea but I suspect using the site chat room would be easier for a lot to find who maybe aren't as techie?

7. SheLo

SheLo · Member

I've been in the chat room a few times and no one is there :( which is a shame really cos I love chatting

8. Rushy

Rushy · Well-Known Member

Maybe we should get together and suggest a 'Best time' for people to get on to the chat system?
    It should give us a far better chance of more people being there at the same time..

What thinkest thou folks?

When's best for you?

Day / Time

9. kegstore

kegstore · Well-Known Member

There always used to be (says he sounding like an old-timer, I only joined in March) fixed opening times and this seemed to work OK with a reasonable throughput. 8pm-10pm?

10. foxy

foxy Type 2 · Active Member

:mrgreen: Howdy folks! Am always ready for a good chat. I must warn you I do go on and on and on and on- any takers. Hows about letting me know what sort of hobbies you have? I keep sayng I'm going to get into doing something "useful". As I'm going to stay with my daughter for a whole month thought I would help her to catch up with knitting some baby coats as a lot of her friends are having or just had babies. Used to love gardening but can't do that any more.

11. SheLo

SheLo · Member

Evenings is best for me as I am at work during the day. By the time I've cooked dinner best time for me would be around 20:00 hrs. Am I right it is just the one room? I'm rubbish at anything slightly complicated BTW lol

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook