Chat with my Vet

richf

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
rainy days
I have done the rounds looking for a good vet for my 2 dogs. Eventually after a short wait I managed to get them registered with an independent Vet. After a while we became friendly and I became aware that as an independent vet he would prescribe what he thought was necessary even though at times it was difficult for him to obtain. He was free to prescribe what he thought was required and not was not governed by the "veterinary group allowed medications" attracting the higher bonuses for the group.
I have started to think that is this the way that some of our GP's are governed on what they may or may not prescribe.
At least at the end of the day I do the best for my dogs and feel they get far better health care. A dogs life!

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
I have done the rounds looking for a good vet for my 2 dogs. Eventually after a short wait I managed to get them registered with an independent Vet. After a while we became friendly and I became aware that as an independent vet he would prescribe what he thought was necessary even though at times it was difficult for him to obtain. He was free to prescribe what he thought was required and not was not governed by the "veterinary group allowed medications" attracting the higher bonuses for the group.
I have started to think that is this the way that some of our GP's are governed on what they may or may not prescribe.
At least at the end of the day I do the best for my dogs and feel they get far better health care. A dogs life!
Your doc has to go by NICE guidelines from what I can gather with my own ups and downs with them all.