1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Type 2 Cheese and feeling nausea

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by woollygal, Feb 10, 2019.

1. woollygal

woollygal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Just checked and the pre grated cheese has potato starch in it!!

There goes my laziness! I’ll have to grate the dam stuff myself! Good job it looks like I’m reducing how much I eat

I’m also wondering if I’m going a bit too low carb. I don’t really measure how many carbs I eat but I’m thinking if I eat too few that doesn’t help the sicky feeling.

Since I ate at 2.30 (I had some carbs) sicky has gone, and had got chocolate etc.

I’ll have to keep an eye out.

Really need to learn how to measure and track my carbs.

2. Tipetoo

Tipetoo Type 2 · Expert

3. DCUKMod

DCUKMod I reversed my Type 2 · Master
    Staff Member Administrator

The added starch to the grated cheese is to keep it separated. If you decide to grate your own, my advice would be to do it in smaller amounts than the 200gr (or whatever) bags from the supermarket, as it is more likely to sweat if left out of the fridge.

How about Babybel, which are ready prepared in their little wax coats? They don't have any additives?

4. Sarah69

Sarah69 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I don’t ever get that but eating cheese makes my face very sweaty!

5. briped

briped Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I'm just wondering if you could be experiencing socalled false hypos ...? Sometimes they happen when your BG levels are coming down to levels lower than your body is used to, but without being too low. Did you try checking your BGs when feeling poorly?

6. sarah_chadwick

sarah_chadwick Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I tend to grate a wad of cheese together (get it over and done with in one go) then store in a sandwixh box in the fridge, it's ready to use when adding as a topping :)

7. woollygal

woollygal Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I tend to get those at the lower 5s and below. My body can’t stand being in the 5s. 4s are appalling.

As far as I can remember they were fine.
    I’m pretty sure I tested and they were at least over 6. If not higher.
    Since then I’ve hardly eaten cheese and felt loads better

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook