Type 2 Cheese and feeling nausea

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
Just checked and the pre grated cheese has potato starch in it!!

There goes my laziness! I’ll have to grate the dam stuff myself! Good job it looks like I’m reducing how much I eat

I’m also wondering if I’m going a bit too low carb. I don’t really measure how many carbs I eat but I’m thinking if I eat too few that doesn’t help the sicky feeling.

Since I ate at 2.30 (I had some carbs) sicky has gone, and had got chocolate etc.

I’ll have to keep an eye out.

Really need to learn how to measure and track my carbs.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just checked and the pre grated cheese has potato starch in it!!

There goes my laziness! I’ll have to grate the dam stuff myself! Good job it looks like I’m reducing how much I eat

I’m also wondering if I’m going a bit too low carb. I don’t really measure how many carbs I eat but I’m thinking if I eat too few that doesn’t help the sicky feeling.

Since I ate at 2.30 (I had some carbs) sicky has gone, and had got chocolate etc.

I’ll have to keep an eye out.

Really need to learn how to measure and track my carbs.

The added starch to the grated cheese is to keep it separated. If you decide to grate your own, my advice would be to do it in smaller amounts than the 200gr (or whatever) bags from the supermarket, as it is more likely to sweat if left out of the fridge.

How about Babybel, which are ready prepared in their little wax coats? They don't have any additives?

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
I don’t ever get that but eating cheese makes my face very sweaty!

briped

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
I'm just wondering if you could be experiencing socalled false hypos ...? Sometimes they happen when your BG levels are coming down to levels lower than your body is used to, but without being too low. Did you try checking your BGs when feeling poorly?

sarah_chadwick

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I tend to grate a wad of cheese together (get it over and done with in one go) then store in a sandwixh box in the fridge, it's ready to use when adding as a topping :)

woollygal

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Coffee diabetes
I'm just wondering if you could be experiencing socalled false hypos ...? Sometimes they happen when your BG levels are coming down to levels lower than your body is used to, but without being too low. Did you try checking your BGs when feeling poorly?

I tend to get those at the lower 5s and below. My body can’t stand being in the 5s. 4s are appalling.

As far as I can remember they were fine.
I’m pretty sure I tested and they were at least over 6. If not higher.
Since then I’ve hardly eaten cheese and felt loads better