cheese cake

moggy

my weakness is cheese cake see it eat it i know my sugar leaves are going to be sky high plus weight problems as i have watch my weight like all off your diebetic suffers,i suppose everyone has there weakness and we have to fight it but it is so hard when you see other people eat it. :oops:

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Moggy ,I love cheesecakes too but I value my eyesight and feet more!! I don't buy them and keep away from them as much as possible. Have not succumbed for a while! :D

fergus

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Have to confess to a severe weakness for cheesecake as well. Weaned myself off eventually, but it took years!!!
If you can't live without it, make a low-carb one,it's pretty straightforward really:

Mix 100g ground almonds with 20g melted butter and press into the base of a loose bottomed 8 inch tin. Bake for 15 mins at 220C till it sets.
Beat 800g cream cheese with 4 eggs, 300mml double cream and the grated rind of 2 lemons and whichever sugar-free sweetener you prefer (Zsweet seems to be pretty good actually).
Pour onto the base and bake for 1 hour at 180C until set, with a wee wobble in the middle.
Leave in the oven to cool to prevent it 'cracking', then chill in the fridge.

Et voila, cheesecake without the consequences!

fergus

Reactions: lorraine95

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Thanks for the recipe Fergus!
I'll have to try that one

Spiral

Yum at fergus's recipe.

There is also a recipe in my Rose Elliot low carb cookbook using mascapone cheese, it didn't have a lot of effect on my blood sugar when I made it.

Tub of mascapone cheese, a little good quality instant coffee to taste - probably about 2 teaspoons, dissolved in water. The sweetener of your choice, to taste.

Mix it all together well, chill. 1 tub of mascapone will serve 2-3, depending on how big a bowl you serve it in.

I have also made this with chocolate instead of coffee - melt a few squares of minimum 70% chocolate, mix with the cheese and sweeten to taste.

Sweet3x

Spiral said:
Yum at fergus's recipe.

There is also a recipe in my Rose Elliot low carb cookbook using mascapone cheese, it didn't have a lot of effect on my blood sugar when I made it.

Tub of mascapone cheese, a little good quality instant coffee to taste - probably about 2 teaspoons, dissolved in water. The sweetener of your choice, to taste.

Mix it all together well, chill. 1 tub of mascapone will serve 2-3, depending on how big a bowl you serve it in.

I have also made this with chocolate instead of coffee - melt a few squares of minimum 70% chocolate, mix with the cheese and sweeten to taste.

Yep, this is what my mum makes - in fact, she sells it in her restaurant as a desert, and doesn't even mention that it's not made the way normal cheesecake is made. She's never had any complaints, and frequently gets 'ohhh :( no cheesecake today' from customers when it's not on the menu.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Fergus's cheese cake is yummy. I made one and since I didn't have the right sized pan, It got a little overcooked, so now I've been and bought the right size. I don't much like cream cheese, so I mixed it with marscapone.
I sweetened with Splenda and a little frucose for flavour and texture. Next one will have Xylitol. I got some last week in Waitrose. I tried to get curd cheese, but they were out of it, so I've settled for Marscapone and plain Philly to mix. I'm planning to take it down to Wales next week, when we down go to celebrate our 38th wedding anniversary with T1's sister and brother-in-law who got married on our 11th.