Cheeseburger pie

A

Anonymous

Defren said:
WhitbyJet said:
Defren, I made the cheeseburger pie, it tastes even nicer the next day reheated, we had it with a huge salad and new potatoes (not for me).
Thanks for posting the recipes, I dont want to be a pain, but wonder if you possibly could copy the recipes with links to the low carb recipes thread, I think it would make it so much easier, esp for newbies to find these recipes.
Thank you x x

Hi WJ I had it reheated today with some mozzarella, totally scrumptious. The link to all these recipes is on this thread. It is the first one after the last recipe (I think). Glad you enjoyed it, as we all enjoy yours. :D

I think WJ is asking if you could put the recipes on the recipe thread Jo x

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
We had the Deep Dish Pizza tonight was marvellous. Thanks :D

Defren

Jeannemum said:
Defren said:
WhitbyJet said:
Defren, I made the cheeseburger pie, it tastes even nicer the next day reheated, we had it with a huge salad and new potatoes (not for me).
Thanks for posting the recipes, I dont want to be a pain, but wonder if you possibly could copy the recipes with links to the low carb recipes thread, I think it would make it so much easier, esp for newbies to find these recipes.
Thank you x x

Hi WJ I had it reheated today with some mozzarella, totally scrumptious. The link to all these recipes is on this thread. It is the first one after the last recipe (I think). Glad you enjoyed it, as we all enjoy yours. :D

I think WJ is asking if you could put the recipes on the recipe thread Jo x

Oh Duh! That will teach me not to read posts properly. Sorry WJ, yes, of course I will move them.

Glad you liked it xyzzy. You have to try the cheeseburger pie, it's just off the wall yummy.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Defren said:
Glad you liked it xyzzy. You have to try the cheeseburger pie, it's just off the wall yummy.

Well just experienced the cheeseburger pie and went back for seconds. Bl**dy marvellous stuff. Finished with home-made rhubarb ice cream!

Got enough cheeseburger pie left for tomorrow then I'm apparently being treated to sausage muffins!

Defren

xyzzy said:
Defren said:

Well just experienced the cheeseburger pie and went back for seconds. Bl**dy marvellous stuff. Finished with home-made rhubarb ice cream!

Got enough cheeseburger pie left for tomorrow then I'm apparently being treated to sausage muffins!

I doubt there will be any new recipe's from me now for eight weeks. If I can't 'ave 'em, you flippin' well aint :mrgreen:

Glad you liked them though, report back on the muffins, I didn't get chance to make them, and wanted to soo muchly :lol:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Ok we did the sausage muffins today. Nice! Not quite as good as the Cheeseburger pie mind you that is in a league of its own. We have enough to have them cold again tomorrow and I expect them to taste better cold than hot as that kind of thing normally does at least to me. Well worth it though and will have them again.

Defren

xyzzy said:
Ok we did the sausage muffins today. Nice! Not quite as good as the Cheeseburger pie mind you that is in a league of its own. We have enough to have them cold again tomorrow and I expect them to taste better cold than hot as that kind of thing normally does at least to me. Well worth it though and will have them again.

I can't wait to try them. Oh well, only 7 weeks and 4 days to go :p

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So today was a variation of Sausage muffins. Similar but with bacon and onion as the filling. MW has changed the recipe slightly so she's using milk instead of cream and only six eggs. With those changes each muffin works out at around 4g carbs and 300 calories. Other variations are being planned... Finished off the ice cream today so my calorie intake is about to plummet!

Defren

Brilliant, glad you liked them. I have bought myself a set of silicone bakeware, a little gift to myself when I finish the ND so I can make all kinds of things and easier. I plan around weeks six and seven to start to bake loads of nice things and freeze them ready for when I am on solid food again. I can't wait to try the muffins, I had the cheeseburger pie, but ran out of time once my mind was set on the ND. If your wife tries any other variations, please let me know, all donations to the yummy low carb world very welcome :lol:

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I am being corrected...

Apparently we are using big silicone muffin case things so that we end up with 6 muffins whereas the original recipe made 12 smaller ones so the carbs and calories for ours are presumably double what the smaller ones would have been. Whatever the case they are highly recommended. I am looking forward to a Stilton and broccoli derivative mmmm. Before diagnosis savoury things were my downfall. Now I can eat them again and life is wonderful :D

Defren

xyzzy said:
I am being corrected...

Apparently we are using big silicone muffin case things so that we end up with 6 muffins whereas the original recipe made 12 smaller ones so the carbs and calories for ours are presumably double what the smaller ones would have been. Whatever the case they are highly recommended. I am looking forward to a Stilton and broccoli derivative mmmm. Before diagnosis savoury things were my downfall. Now I can eat them again and life is wonderful :D

The site where I got the recipes from has loads and loads of other things. I only added the ones that had the carb count already done (lazy monkey I know). A friend sent me some recipes, I will add them to the recipe thread now, I have been meaning to for a few days. Stilton and broccoli = mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SweetHeart

I've made sausage & mustard muffins (pre diagnosis flour ones) with left over sausages that I just diced finely. They went down a storm so I must try these ones.

Our two youngest boys had pizza tonight and MH was stoical but drooling - he adores pizza - so I think I might surprise him with the pizza tomorrow night.....

Do you think I'd have to double the Cheeseburger pie to serve seven (four of whom are over 6ft) ? Thought I'd try that on Sunday. It sounds like real comfort food and Sunday's weather is forecast to be atrocious. Do you eat it hot or cold?

Ju

Defren

SweetHeart said:
I've made sausage & mustard muffins (pre diagnosis flour ones) with left over sausages that I just diced finely. They went down a storm so I must try these ones.

Our two youngest boys had pizza tonight and MH was stoical but drooling - he adores pizza - so I think I might surprise him with the pizza tomorrow night.....

Do you think I'd have to double the Cheeseburger pie to serve seven (four of whom are over 6ft) ? Thought I'd try that on Sunday. It sounds like real comfort food and Sunday's weather is forecast to be atrocious. Do you eat it hot or cold?

Ju

Hi Jules, it is quite a large pie, but it is so delicious I would make double servings. You can have it hot or cold. I made it and we had it that night for dinner, then I put the leftovers into some foil and popped in the fridge. I took it out and had half (there are three of us here and it is large) heated up, the other half I had the next day with salad, maybe the other way around. It was really yummy both hot and cold, and was a massive hit in this house. I plan to make it and freeze it while I am still on the Newcastle diet, so I can have it as soon as I am done. It is one thing I am really looking forward to. It also freezes very well, so any you have left over, you can wrap in foil and freeze for another day.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
SweetHeart said:

Ju

Make loads you'll need it :lol:

Angela(NZ)

Dislikes
liars
Just a question about the Cheeseburger Pie - what is double cream? is it just normal cream that has been thickened? i have searched in my Supermarkert (in New Zealand) and cant find it and no one has heard of it.....

Ta muchly. :)

SweetHeart

Angela(NZ) said:
Just a question about the Cheeseburger Pie - what is double cream? is it just normal cream that has been thickened? i have searched in my Supermarkert (in New Zealand) and cant find it and no one has heard of it.....

In the US it's known as heavy cream - if that's any use. It's what you'd whip up and put in a Pavlova.

Single cream is known as half & half.

Ju

SweetHeart

Jo, is that the total number of carbs per pie, 9g, or per serving, for the Cheeseburger Pie?

Going to make it today. I'm not telling anyone what I'm making, that way they can't pull faces first and say they don't want it. Fait a compli.....eat or go hungry. I don't think anyone will say no though! Anyway, there's always beans on toast for the dissenters!

I must get the ice cream maker out and make WJ's Coconut Ice Cream too.

Ju

Defren

Angela(NZ) said:

In the US it is called heavy cream. It is the one that you can whip into peaks, opposed to single cream you use in coffee etc. Hope that helps. I am not au fait with all things Kiwi (apart from the fruit - yum). :lol:

Defren

SweetHeart said:
Jo, is that the total number of carbs per pie, 9g, or per serving, for the Cheeseburger Pie?

Going to make it today. I'm not telling anyone what I'm making, that way they can't pull faces first and say they don't want it. Fait a compli.....eat or go hungry. I don't think anyone will say no though! Anyway, there's always beans on toast for the dissenters!

I must get the ice cream maker out and make WJ's Coconut Ice Cream too.

Ju

Hi jules, I went back and checked my food diary, as I put it in there as a single portion. It works out at 9g of carbs per serving.

I honestly can't see any dissent at all, in-fact, I think you will have all wanting 2nd and third helpings :lol: