Cheeseburger pie

Defren

I found this on another site, and it sounds really nice, so thought I would share.

Ingredients:
500g minced beef
50g finely chopped onion
150g chopped mushrooms
100mls double cream
2 heaped tablespoons of mayo
150g strong cheddar grated
3 eggs
salt & pepper to taste

Fry mince, onion and mushrooms together until cooked season to taste, drain off fat, add Lee & Perrins sauce.
Place in a greased foil covered deep pie dish, flatten with spoon.
Beat eggs add mayo, cream and cheese.
Pour over the top of mince, drop olives around the dish and bake in oven Gas mark 5 for 20 to 25 mins until set and golden brown.
Leave to cool before taking out of pie dish, remove foil.
Cut in to portions and wrap in cling film
This freezes very well.
Lovely with salad, cauli mash, or stir fry (Great in lunchboxes)

Optional 1 Tablespoon Lea & Perrins 2c and 10 black olives

Total carbs 9g. Serves 4

Defren

Another from the same site

About 8carbs for whole recipe.

Salmon & Prawn with Courgette Tagliatelle

Ingredients:

200g Salmon
100g Prawns
Couple of knobs of butter
100g Mascarpone
100ml cream
200g Courgettes

Put a couple of knobs of butter on the salmon, wrap in foil and cook in the oven. 180ºC for 25 mins.
Put Mascarpone and cream in a pan and heat gently. I used milk and it was just the right consistency, so if using cream it may be better to thin down. Add prawns to liquid and simmer.
Using a potato peeler, ‘peel’ the courgette into ribbons. Melt some more butter in a frying pan, add the courgettes and fry.
When salmon is cooked, break into pieces and add to pan containing prawns. Give a good stir to mix salmon and prawns.
Pour sauce over courgettes in pan, give a good stir. Transfer to plate. I added loads of black pepper and it was gorgeous.

Defren

And another :lol:

ICE CREAM

Ingredients:

5 egg yolks
3 tbsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Splenda*
¼ cup water
2 cup heavy cream

Preparation:
Blend egg york, vanilla extract, Splenda and water at medium speed for about 30 seconds. Later place whipped cream into mixture and Freeze for 2 hours.

Yield: Per Serving 3.2 carbs.

Defren

Drool!! another one from the same site

CINNAMON MERINGUES

Ingredients:

2 egg whites
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
dash of salt
1/2 cup Splenda
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp almond extract

Preparation:
In a medium bowl, combine egg whites with cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Fold in cinnamon, vanilla and almond extracts Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheets. Bake at 300 degrees F for 30 minutes.

Yield: Per Serving 1.4 carbs.

Defren

Another.

DEEP DISH PIZZA

4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, 1 ounce (I used the kind in a can)
1/4 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
8 ounces Italian cheese blend or mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup pizza sauce
4 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
Assorted toppings: pepperoni, ham, sausage, 4 ounce can mushrooms, green peppers, bacon, ground beef, etc.
Dash of garlic pepper or garlic powder and some Italian seasoning for top of pizza

In a medium bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Whisk in eggs until mixture is well-blended and smooth. Add the parmesan and seasonings, then stir in the 8 ounces of mozzarella until completely moistened. Spread cheese mixture evenly in a well-greased 9x13" glass baking dish or lightly greased and lined with parchment paper (see note below). Bake at 375º 20-25 minutes or until evenly browned, but not too dark. Let cool completely on a wire rack. When nearly cooled, take a metal spatula and carefully pry up the edges to loosen from pan. Ease the spatula under the whole crust to loosen. Keep crust in the pan. This makes it easier to remove the finished pizza later. Refrigerate, uncovered, until shortly before serving time.

Spread chilled crust with pizza sauce, then cheese and toppings of your choice. Lightly sprinkle with seasonings of your choice. Bake at 375º about 15-20 minutes or until toppings are bubbly. Let stand a few minutes before cutting.

Makes 8 servings

Per Serving: 304 Calories; 25g Fat; 17g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

Defren

He he, this is fun, some of these are absolute must try's. Another.

Lamb in Palava Sauce (serves "4" (i.e. 2!))

1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1 onion, half roughly chopped and half sliced
1 tbsp tomato puree
400g can of tomatoes
6 tbsp palm oil or vegetable oil
500g lean lamb, cut into 1 inch cubes
1/2 pint lamb, chicken or veg stock
200g fresh spinach leaves, roughly shredded
2 eggs, beaten

1. Blitz the chilli, ginger, garlic, chopped onion, tomato puree and tomatoes in a food processor until chopped together to make a sauce.

2. Heat the oil in a large frying pan or wok and fry the sliced onion for 2 minutes. Add the lamb and stir fry over a highish heat for 6-7 mins until starting to brown. Pour the tomato sauce over the lamb and bubble rapidly for 2-3 minutes, then stir in the stock and add seasoning to taste. Cover and simmer gently for 40-50 mins, stirring occasionally, until the lamb is tender and the sauce has thickened (it says - although I found I had to take the lid off and turn the heat up for the last 10 mins or so to reduce the liquid, or it would have been soup!)

3. Stir in the spinach so that it wilts, then simmer for 2-3 minutes. Drizzle in the egg and continue to simmer for 2 minute until just set. (I didn't put the egg in because the OH isn't keen, but if anyone makes this I'd be interested to know what happens to the egg!)

Per serving: 421 cals, 3g carbs, 1.5g fibre

Defren

This one sounds really delicious.

Makhni Chicken Curry Slow Cooker (Crock Pot) Recipe

Makhni (Buttery) skinless bone-less chicken breast is made with butter, cream and yogurt

Ingredients

1. Cooking oil: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
2. Skinless boneless chicken breasts: 4 (0.0 carbs)
The chicken should be cut into bite size pieces.
3. Finely chopped Onion almost pureed: 100g (7.0 carbs)
4. Salt: ½ teaspoon (0.0 carbs)
5. Ground Cayenne: ¼ teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
3. Minced Garlic: 1 Tablespoon (3.2 carbs)
4. Ginger Chopped: 1 Teaspoon (0.4 carbs)
5. Curry Powder: 2 Teaspoons (2.0 carbs)
6. Full fat natural Yogurt: 75g (4.9 carbs)
7. Tinned Chopped tomatoes: 200g (5.8 carbs)
8. Butter (unsalted): 2 Tablespoons (0.0 carbs)
9. Water: ¼ Cup (0.0 carbs)
9. Garam Masala: 1 teaspoon (2.0 carbs)
10. Double cream: 300ml (4.8 carbs)

Total carbs for whole recipe = 30.5g carbs

Therefore to serve to four people = 7.6g per person

Method

1. Heat oil in a heavy bottom pan.
2. Fry chicken pieces till opaque white to light brown. Remove with slotted spoon and put in the crock pot.
3. Add Onions, salt and cayenne to hot oil in the pan. Sauté till onions are translucent and the edges start to turn brown.
4. Add garlic and ginger. Sauté another 2 minutes.
5. Add curry powder, sauté 30 second.
6. Add Yogurt, sauté till almost all the moisture from the yogurt is consumed.
7. Add Tomatoes and butter. Heat till almost bubbly. Transfer to crock pot.
8. Rinse out the pan with water and add water to the crock pot. At this point we are done with the pan.
9. Add remaining ingredients. Stir. Cover the crock pot set at high. Cook for 40 minutes.
10. Turn down cooker to low, cook for additional 5 to six hours. You may cook at high and save about two hours.

Defren

Last one :D

EGG AND SAUSAGE MCMUFFINS

Makes 12 muffins
(per muffin: 1g carb)

Great for on the go, make sure you use low carb sausages, you can also add sauteed mushrooms or onions to the mix.

These muffins can be frozen & reheated in the microwave.

455g sausages
12 large eggs
120ml whipping cream
120ml water
1/4tsp sea salt
170g grated cheddar

Preheat the oven to 180c. Coat a 12 muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.

Remove the sausage meat from the casings & crumble the meat into a large frying pan. Cook over a medium heat, stiring to break up the pieces, for 5 mins, or until browned. Divide meat evenly amoung the muffin cups.

In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, water & salt. Pour over the sausages & top with cheese.

Bake for 20-30 mins until the eggs are cooked thru. Cool slightly & remove from the tins.

emmatree

Mmmmm... these all sound lovely!

Just adding the salmon and courgettes, and the sausage muffin ingredients to this weeks shopping list..

I bet the muffins would work quite well with smoked bacon instead of sausages too.

Defren

emmatree said:
Mmmmm... these all sound lovely!

Just adding the salmon and courgettes, and the sausage muffin ingredients to this weeks shopping list..

I bet the muffins would work quite well with smoked bacon instead of sausages too.

Yes, I bet they would. I think I am beginning to learn that almost all low carb recipes can be tweaked and changed to add much more variety.

ladybird64

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Dishonesty, selfishness and lack of empathy.
I really like the sound of the McMuffins, could have one of those for brekkie. Would definitely add some mushrooms to the mix.

I nearly dropped when I saw 12 eggs (we are on a very verrry limited budget) but seeing as the muffins can be frozen and should last a while, I guess that makes it alright. :)

Patch

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Found Cleo's site, have you Defren? :wink:

She's a bloody genius! I made her thin crust pizza and it was awesome. (Chicken and mozerella base - who'd have thought...)

Defren

Patch said:
Found Cleo's site, have you Defren? :wink:

She's a bloody genius! I made her thin crust pizza and it was awesome. (Chicken and mozerella base - who'd have thought...)

Is it Patch? I dunno, I was rooting for recipes and came across it. Some fab meal idea's on there. :D

I made the cheeseburger pie tonight. I can't tell you how delicious it was. I served it with cauli mash. I am so full I think I'm going to burst. The great thing with this, all the family sat down to the same meal, which never happens much now. I always seem to be cooking different things.

There is an enormous chunk left, which I am going to wrap in cling film and have with salad tomorrow, actually looking at the size of it, will probably be two meals left. Result!!

Defren

Jeannemum said:
I`m going to make that tomorrow!

Have you tried it yet? If not you must. It's delicious, easy, and so much left for tomorrow. I see it being a staple here.

WhitbyJet

Defren, I made the cheeseburger pie, it tastes even nicer the next day reheated, we had it with a huge salad and new potatoes (not for me).
Thanks for posting the recipes, I dont want to be a pain, but wonder if you possibly could copy the recipes with links to the low carb recipes thread, I think it would make it so much easier, esp for newbies to find these recipes.
Thank you x x

Defren

WhitbyJet said:
Defren, I made the cheeseburger pie, it tastes even nicer the next day reheated, we had it with a huge salad and new potatoes (not for me).
Thanks for posting the recipes, I dont want to be a pain, but wonder if you possibly could copy the recipes with links to the low carb recipes thread, I think it would make it so much easier, esp for newbies to find these recipes.
Thank you x x

Hi WJ I had it reheated today with some mozzarella, totally scrumptious. The link to all these recipes is on this thread. It is the first one after the last recipe (I think). Glad you enjoyed it, as we all enjoy yours. :D