Chest infection.

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.
Hi to all,

I have a Chest infection/Asthma on antibiotics my b.s. today was 26.8 feel right rough just want to sleep and I have my grandson in the morning.

I have woken up 3 times already. On 12th of march I've got to have a pre op assessent as need my battery taken out for bladder neuromodulator.

As I need to have an MRI Scan on my back hips ECT.

So I hope I will feel better by then and can get my b.s. down in time.

Diligent500.

SimonCrox

You haven't been given steroid tablets for your asthma/chest infection? They can really elevate the glucose levels, particularly in evening.
I guess that you are drinking plenty and checking ketones.
Best wishes

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
I dislike being diabetic and two heavy I am 80kg and want to get down to 50 kg very soon.

Ross.Walker

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
sprouts, evil things
Thai broth, tom yam, made up of all the things that help breathing/flu. Give it a go as it puts hot fluids in, and it makes you feel good.

garlic, chilli, lemon grass, galangal, ginger. veg, leave out the noodles and add protein of your choice

get well soon

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi to all,

Thanks for the kind replies.

Diligent500.

Rev206

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I definitely agree with Ross.Walker. I had a terrible cold and tom yum soup worked wonders!

Diligent500

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Hi there,

Where do you buy the Above items I've not come across them before.

Diligent500

Rev206

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most large supermarkets sell them. Sainsbury’s even do packs with all the ingredients in them.

brassyblonde900

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Thai broth, tom yam, made up of all the things that help breathing/flu. Give it a go as it puts hot fluids in, and it makes you feel good.

garlic, chilli, lemon grass, galangal, ginger. veg, leave out the noodles and add protein of your choice

get well soon
Thanks for the recipe, I could do with a spicy broth. I have a Thai meal kit in my freezer. I'll make some today. I've had the flu for over a week, and now I'm left with a terrible phlegmy cough and sky high BG readings. I shovelled my 90yr old neighbours drive way, on an empty stomach, Big mistake, I took a reading 6.9mmol/L. I have only had about 10grams total in carbs in the last week from my 1 hardboiled egg a day, the only thing I can choke down. I may have to ask to go on medication if My BG keeps skyrocketing from any type of exercise