Chia seeds & micropirin (blood thinner)

Is it OK for someone who takes a blood thinner such as micropirin to eat 3 tablespoons of chia seeds per day?
It would be good if you could state how you know what you comment.

I know it is NOT OK to take omega-3 fish oil, as potent blood thinner.

Tnx

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Is it OK for someone who takes a blood thinner such as micropirin to eat 3 tablespoons of chia seeds per day?
It would be good if you could state how you know what you comment.

I know it is NOT OK to take omega-3 fish oil, as potent blood thinner.

Tnx

These are Aspirin tablets I believe.

I have been taking 75mg aspirin for over 2 years to keep the blood running. In addition I eat a lot of Omega 3 from my food (salmon 3 times a week, flaxseed daily, plus rapeseed oil sometimes, and other bits and bobs.) Omega 3 is a good blood thinner.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-sup...lpha-linolenic-acid/interactions/hrb-20059372

I stopped taking my aspirin 10 days ago as I blamed it for some niggley symptoms I have. (no signs of bleeding though) I am seeing a GP next week on another matter and hope to discuss this with her.

lindisfel

Expert
Recently there was advice against daily aspirin. There was some suggestion about taking it ad hoc. Omega 3 is fine. A book that was written years ago on the Eskimo diet was well before its time in this respect. If you have AFib you need something better. I take Dabigatran. D.

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Recently there was advice against daily aspirin. There was some suggestion about taking it ad hoc. Omega 3 fine. A book that was written years ago on the Eskimo diet was well before its time in this respect. If you AFib you need something better. I take Dabigatran. D.

Yes, I've been reading up about aspirin these past few days. That is why I have stopped taking it. Not sure what the doc will say next week.