Chills with high blood sugars the strangest thing ?

Ryann1990

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I get chills and fatigue around the afternoon and iv noticed my blood sugars are always high when this happens the reading is always 12.5 or 14.0 so not sure if that means anything to anyone but I have had a lot of other problems this year which are still under investigation such as Lymphoma and a immunodefeciny disorder but just wondering if anxitey or the high blood sugars could cause something like this to happen ? As iv only heard of hypos to cause chills and fatigue

Reactions: Ponchu
D

Deleted Account

I find high BG will exaggerate any other nastiness - an ache, a sniff, a sore throat and, as you are experiencing, feeling tired and cold.
And anxiety can push my BG up. Which makes the rest of the nastiness worse.
Sometimes it is hard to work out what is causing what - is my BG high because I have a really bad cold or is my cold feeling really bad because my BG is high.
For me, the best thing is to try to get my BG down with a correction dose then I can focus on the other nastiness.

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
I get chills and fatigue around the afternoon and iv noticed my blood sugars are always high when this happens the reading is always 12.5 or 14.0 so not sure if that means anything to anyone but I have had a lot of other problems this year which are still under investigation such as Lymphoma and a immunodefeciny disorder but just wondering if anxitey or the high blood sugars could cause something like this to happen ? As iv only heard of hypos to cause chills and fatigue

Hi, I know nothing about your T1, or your other conditions.
But I know about anxiety and how fluctuating blood sugar levels effect your brain function and signals to your endocrine system.
Getting spikes and dropping quickly will cause symptoms such as anxiety, fatigue and many others.

I have to keep really good control to prevent the symptoms.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
I don't know about the chills, but high bg definitely makes me fatigued. Fatigue, next to thirst and frequent urinating is one of the main symptoms of high blood glucose. If your reading is always high in the afternoon you might want to change something about your insulin or your lunch.
Hope things will be better for you this year!

Ponchu

I’ve found elevated BG sugars to impact how cold I feel, my resting heart rate and a return of chronic pain.

I decided the Einkorn dark chocolate chip cookies weren’t worth it.

Ponchu

I don't know about the chills, but high bg definitely makes me fatigued. Fatigue, next to thirst and frequent urinating is one of the main symptoms of high blood glucose. If your reading is always high in the afternoon you might want to change something about your insulin or your lunch.
Hope things will be better for you this year!

Perhaps that’s why I seem to feel the cold more acutely during a spike.

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What is a corrective dose?
When you inject insulin for a meal and you find out a couple of hours later that you're higher than you expected, you take some extra insulin to bring it down.

Reactions: Framps7

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Just to mention the other side of the coin.
It has been documented that a low blood sugar is associated with or pre-empted by a fall in body temperature.

Reactions: Framps7