chocolate delight

maisiesgranny

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
unkindness!
:D hi haven't posted for ages but i find i can get away with the 85% choc. i dip a couple of squares in a mug of tea after my main meal each day. was diagnosed at the beginning of the year and went for my latest check up last week. the dn told me if i lost another 6lb i'd be normal. now that would be something! so have lost over two stone, new wardrobe, keeping up the aqua aerobics twice a week and walking too. so far no meds. however i don't aim as low as some of you. usually under seven after two hours but not always. first christmas season as a diabetic. should be ok as this way of eating has become a way of life and family and friends, after being really harsh about my diet all are trying it for themselves! best wishes maisiesgranny

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Hi maisiesgranny. Nice to see people returning to the fold. You seem like you are doing very well, especially on diet only....great stuff ! Stick with it and those elusive few pounds will go I'm sure.

As for Christmas....it's a one off. Just have a good time, eat, drink (carefully) etc and then get back in the groove afterwards. You aren't going to do yourself any lasting harm.