1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cholesterol and Statins

Discussion in 'Other Health Conditions and Diabetes' started by bulkbiker, Oct 2, 2018.

1. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Cocosilk

Cocosilk Gestational · Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  3. bulkbiker

bulkbiker Type 2 · Oracle

4. Oldvatr

Oldvatr Type 2 · Expert

Red Herring Alert:
    UK readers may be interested to know what RT.com is, and it is a surprising outlet for such an important topic
    "RT is the first Russian 24/7 English-language news channel which brings the Russian view on global news."

Whilst the BMJ is a renowned source of information, sadly the media publishing arm is not actually peer reviewed and can suffer poor quality science just like the 'Lancet has with its Open Source publication. I think we need more information that goes back to the trials themselves to examine their pedigree. Malcolm is a well known guru, and has many followers, but we can only fight the pharma machine with evidence, not conjecture.

I liked this article, and I happen to agree with what it says, but we need to examine the evidence behind it if it is to become a goldplated reference.

I will start the ball rolling with these ones that are referenced in the article
    https://www.bmj.com/content/353/bmj.i1246

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24285296/
    Note: This article is open access for the abstract only. The study report requires purchase from the company that did the study and it is closed access to the general public.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook