1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cholesterol levels high

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Countryside_Yoyo_, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Thomas the Tank

Thomas the Tank Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Who says? Do not believe the Big Pharma hype. Headlines in news is that 50% of people who get duped into taking this rubbish see no effects on Cholesterol levels just have the chance of the side effects. The other 50% still get the chance of side effects for no good reason. Cholesterol is not a cause of heart attacks or strokes (don't take my word for it, there are many reputable Dr's who agree).

2. KemCG3

KemCG3 Type 2 · Newbie

I have just had my results back and the total cholesterol is high but (good) HDL cholesterol is also high so I am not too worried but as often happens there is no triglyceride result. Why do they do that?! So often I have to go back and insist they check my triglyceride level.

3. Bluetit1802

Bluetit1802 Type 2 (in remission!) · Legend

Next time make sure you ask for a full lipid panel including trigs. You will need to fast for the test or the trigs could be skewed, although I doubt you will be told to fast.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. derry60

derry60 Prediabetes · Well-Known Member

I saw the news also. I find the studies completely unreliable. They were saying that some people were not taking them every day and that some doctors were not giving the right dose. "No Sh Sherlock" If people do not take them every day or docs are giving the wrong dose, then, of course, they won't work. Did they do a study on their health style? I mean, did they smoke? drink too much? ate sugary foods? Pies, chips etc? So many reasons why the Statins did not work.

5. Thomas the Tank

Don't bother it's not important anyway. Well it is I guess if you buy into the "Be Afraid, be very Afraid" syndrome.

6. Thomas the Tank

Well it keeps researchers in beer money I guess! Can't think of any other reason to check if a worthless treatment is "effective"

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook