Choosing a new pump and CGM

adamrit

Type of diabetes
Type 1
What an amazing resource Forum Members are! You (we) may have very different opinions and experiences of both diabetes and pumps and CGM manufacturers, but the generosity and care of the Forum Members is astonishing. I'm due a replacement for my 640G pump in September and I'm thinking of going (no, I am going) with the 780G and Type 4 CGM, in spite of the enthusiasm for Dexcom 6 or 7. I am desperate to stop thinking about diabetes every hour of the day and night. You get tired and you can't get tired, you've got diabetes.
love and thanks to all members
Adam

Reactions: Hopeful34

Prancy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m hearing such good things about 780G and G4 that I’m checking daily to get it processed. I recently had an issue with my current G3 transmitter and Medtronic was super helpful. I couldn‘t ask for more really. They have my loyalty.

faustus67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
What an amazing resource Forum Members are! You (we) may have very different opinions and experiences of both diabetes and pumps and CGM manufacturers, but the generosity and care of the Forum Members is astonishing. I'm due a replacement for my 640G pump in September and I'm thinking of going (no, I am going) with the 780G and Type 4 CGM, in spite of the enthusiasm for Dexcom 6 or 7. I am desperate to stop thinking about diabetes every hour of the day and night. You get tired and you can't get tired, you've got diabetes.
love and thanks to all members
Adam

Funnily enough - this sentiment: " I am desperate to stop thinking about diabetes every hour of the day and night. You get tired and you can't get tired, you've got diabetes." is what I've found most difficult since switching to the 780g + Guardian 4 closed loop. I've had diabetes since I was 3 - 56 years now. I'm used to constantly trying to figure out better basal rates or if I need a correction bolus and, if so how much. Setting alarms for the middle of the night to check my BS. Since I've been on the closed loop, I do none of that. I just let it run and it works really, really well. I've had the best HbA1C of my life. And I don't work at it. But I find that hard to give up - it's almost like I feel I'm not doing what I'm supposed to be doing, like I'm cheating on an exam or something. I suspect I'll get used to it though! :)