Christmas

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sooo funny. Yes I am going to do the same thing, maybe for boxing day also,but will be better behaved on Boxing day. I thought if I am going to be strict all year, Christmas has to be when I relax
Yes have to have the roast parsnips and roast potatoes wouldn't be Christmas dinner without them and I am going to enjoy it. The sweet stuff does not bother me and I will be so full from dinner I probably will not eat for the rest of the day. Family tradition for our family is Boxing day lunch it has always been cold cuts cheese and pickles etc with bubble and squeak and I will be having that to

Reactions: lovinglife

SueJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
cold weather
It's really good to see a thread revived. I wasn't T1 when this was first started but I know I'm going to enjoy myself in much the same way that I eat now.
The special is a goose and go lightly on the buckwheat and liver stuffing. One small roast spud, a mountain of sprouts, a teaspoon of onion sauce, a twirl of carrots.
I'm going to make the low carb Christmas pudding someone suggested with cream. By which time I'll have had enough, too much in fact for the cheese.
I might, just might have a small glass of white port.. you can actually taste there's too much sugar in it even if it is dry.
I won't over eat and don't believe in using insulin as a remedy for eating too many carbs.
Unlikely though to do much exercise apart from lifting the bird in and out of the oven to drain the fat.
I still love celebrating but like my toes and eyes to go totally ballistic eating fest

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's really good to see a thread revived. I wasn't T1 when this was first started but I know I'm going to enjoy myself in much the same way that I eat now.
The special is a goose and go lightly on the buckwheat and liver stuffing. One small roast spud, a mountain of sprouts, a teaspoon of onion sauce, a twirl of carrots.
I'm going to make the low carb Christmas pudding someone suggested with cream. By which time I'll have had enough, too much in fact for the cheese.
I might, just might have a small glass of white port.. you can actually taste there's too much sugar in it even if it is dry.
I won't over eat and don't believe in using insulin as a remedy for eating too many carbs.
Unlikely though to do much exercise apart from lifting the bird in and out of the oven to drain the fat.
I still love celebrating but like my toes and eyes to go totally ballistic eating fest

That's an interesting sentence Sue about 'not liking to use insulin as a remedy for too many carbs'. I eat fairly low carb (around 60g a day) but I have never thought of insulin as anything other than something I don't produce so need to replace artificially. To me it's simply a way to survive and I only think of it in terms of if my body needs it, it needs it. Having said that I don't like the thought of having to try and manage larger amounts because I am frightened of getting it wrong, if I could get away without the risk of large amounts causing larger hypos, I would eat more carbs (I don't mean rubbish stuff either or an excuse to over eat!).:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
How about this tasty delight for desert at least partly low carb.

Pigs in blanket ice cream.