Circulation Tips/Help

musicmanchris

Hi,

New to the forum (my first post!) - I've had a quick search on the first page of posts but couldn't see anything related so forgive me if I'm repeating anything.

This winter, for the first year, I've noticed my feet are simply NOT staying warm and have started getting some very odd tingling sensations. I do understand that this is a fairly 'normal' symptom of badly-controlled diabetes (mine isn't horrendous but I can probably understand where my problems are with my treatment). Is this something that I can CURE or is it something that will just continue every year now, get worse, what?

And are there any tips with how to treat the cold feet? I'm currently wearing two pairs of socks constantly and it's not making a HUGE amount of difference :crazy:

Trina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People who don't try, negative thinking
Hello. Well I can say that only from time to time do I suffer cold feet. Funnily enough only when I don't wear leather soled footwear. How strange is that. However I do find that the longer I have diabetes, the more weird and wonderful complications I seem develop. Wish you all the best warming your feet up though.

Delphinum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Most food.
I have bad circulation, to this point where they thought I'd developed neuropathy as my pulses were so low last year but it was fine once I out socks on and walked about. A hot water bottle - not boiling! - and fluffy socks work for me. I never put socks on cold feet as they never seem to warm up so I get them warm first then put them on. My Granny also bought me an electric circulation booster but I've not used it enough to comment on whether it actually works.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App