Clean Sheet after a pretty miserable November

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's been a rum old time. as far as my Libre sensors go, the end of October and up to now in November has been a complete disaster. Three sensors with a Nov 2017 expiry date failed, and I have developed a particularly nast case of skin irritation despite all manner of combinations of adhesion methods.

Add to that being away for the last two tournaments of the year, shift work whenever I can manage it, and on top of all that Abbotts terrible delivery and indeed somewhat ropey customer service and here I am with one remaining sensor in my thigh as I have run out of non-irritated arm real-estate, with the promise of two 'goodwill' sensors nowhere to be seen, and finally my order of 6 sensors is soon to be dispatched.

After getting home from a further attempt to grab some freelance work in my old field of IT, I was in for a 7am shift and tonight I am living the rock and roll life of... grocery shopping!

Anyway - I am starting a clean sheet. I have pretty much two months at home before the next planned trip to cover fuzzy tennis balls. Time to embrace low-carb meals in the evenings... (well once I have been grocery shopping anyway!).

Should give me a decent amount of time to get back in a routine of exercise, decent food, and hopefully some reliability from Libre sensors (although their offer of a free Optium blood kit should be delivered this week as an emergency back-up/fall-back)

Also will start writing a series of articles on this - which I will post here.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
This is what's kind of putting me off giving the Libre a go?
The feedback I'm reading lately about dodgy sensors.

Initially when they first came out & perusing the Abbott site it came across to me as a little "cloak & dagger" with the ordering..?

I suppose I'm still waiting for something more robust...

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This is what's kind of putting me off giving the Libre a go?
The feedback I'm reading lately about dodgy sensors.

Initially when they first came out & perusing the Abbott site it came across to me as a little "cloak & dagger" with the ordering..?

I suppose I'm still waiting for something more robust...
Hahah yep the first time I tried to order the site kept going to an unavailable page! The trouble is not eveyone can afford a mass in a go. I have had to take a hit, to get enough in to last me into next tournament and back again. Still ... Dexcom is eye-wateringly expensive for a lot less time but if my condition ever requires insulin I would switch to them without hesitation.