Closed loop trial

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
People that can't listen to other people's opinions.
People that can't say sorry.
Anybody doing this in UK?

I'm being put forward for it, just worried about cannulas that my body has rejected going back on pump 3 times previously...

Just wondered whether it will be steel and or plastic cannulas? Length of tubes?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There are loads of closed loop trials currently. I'm hoping to get on one at imperial - fingers crossed.

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
There are. The major ones I am aware of relate to the 670G, Roman Hovorka's work at Cambridge and BiAP at Imperial. I'm also aware that Cellnovo and Diabeloop have been looking at trial (I'm not sure how far they've got with that one). That's why it will be interesting to see which one we are talking about here.

Reactions: Snapsy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Addenbrookes.. 670g??

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thing is cannulas havent worked for all pumps.. but just thinking I got nothing to lose????

tigger

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
registrars asking silly questions
How do you get onto a closed loop trial?

tim2000s

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Thing is cannulas havent worked for all pumps.. but just thinking I got nothing to lose????
I know Addenbrookes are supposed to be running a 670G trial, but they've also been running the "Cambridge Panccreas" trial, so it would be interesting to see which one. It's likely that yo'd end up with Medtronic or Roche cannulas though, and I know you'e had difficulties with both.

If it's this one: https://www.ukctg.nihr.ac.uk/trials...offset%22%3A25%2C%22openurl%22%3A%22yes%22%7D

Then it looks like the 670G.

Reactions: Snapsy

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
I think he used trial wording for me as it would be a trial to see if it will work on me... or whether it can cope with my skin and blocking of cannulas?? Dont know, he reckoned it would be about a year.. so it doesnt sound like an actual trial...

Just wondered if all cannulas were being used for anybody in trials. Both were bad for me..."lol"...

donnellysdogs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Thankfully had it confirmed today that my consultant doesnt think a AP will work. I emailed my concerns anout cannulas and he has emailed me at 6.30 this morn saying he doesnt think the algorythms would cope.
I was dreading more problems and despite being all for help... I dont want to try something which has still got the same cannulas that just arent good in my skin. He confirms strict trials are happening currently...
I really would jump at something that would work but not something that has the same problem cannulas as previously. All for trying anything but I think we do know our bodies well... and somebody else may benefit more than me...
Fantastic to get an email
at 6.30am!! Has given me last angst all day.

Reactions: tigger