Co-codamol/Codipar 15mg/500mg

• Thread starter Deleted member 83869
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 83869

Hello,

Last night I was prescribed 15mg/500mg for my sciatica pain as the 8mg wasn't working, after taking my first dose last night I seemed fine but today, I feel hungry, and kind of weak. My blood glucose have been 6 all day so far so I know it isnt a hypo. Could this be a side effect?

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya nicola, i take 30/500 and it makes me very constipated and light headed so possibly but you have to weigh up the pros and cons, did it help the pain

MsManicure

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
having diabetes, car drivers who don't indicate
Hello,

Last night I was prescribed 15mg/500mg for my sciatica pain as the 8mg wasn't working, after taking my first dose last night I seemed fine but today, I feel hungry, and kind of weak. My blood glucose have been 6 all day so far so I know it isnt a hypo. Could this be a side effect?

Was either of those listed on the sheet as possible side effects ?? I would give it a few days and see if this settles down, I take 30/500 and often feel like ive got a bit of a hangover for an hour or so after I wake up but nothing too bad and your body does tend tend to regulate itself.

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

hya nicola, i take 30/500 and it makes me very constipated and light headed so possibly but you have to weigh up the pros and cons, did it help the pain
Hello! I dont think it has made me constipated well this is only my 2nd day of taking them it has eased the pain a bit not too much though so maybe I do need the 30/500 although on the packet it says codipar? is that just a brand name!?

D

Deleted member 83869

Was either of those listed on the sheet as possible side effects ?? I would give it a few days and see if this settles down, I take 30/500 and often feel like ive got a bit of a hangover for an hour or so after I wake up but nothing too bad and your body does tend tend to regulate itself.
Erm I think so but I just expect it to be like this! maybe I am just worrying too much?

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
The weak feeling is pretty common with opiate pain killers. I was prescribed 60mg codeine phosphate (codeine is what's in co-codamol and codipar) a while ago. Not too sure about the hunger though, I find that codeine gives me stomach cramps :(

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted member 83869

The weak feeling is pretty common with opiate pain killers. I was prescribed 60mg codeine phosphate (codeine is what's in co-codamol and codipar) a while ago. Not too sure about the hunger though, I find that codeine gives me stomach cramps :(
It like makes me very drowsy and weak and slightly lightheaded and kinda nauseous but im always nauseous kind of ha!

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
It like makes me very drowsy and weak and slightly lightheaded and kinda nauseous but im always nauseous kind of ha!
Yup, all common side effects of opiate painkillers. You'll notice that after a few days these effects will be less obvious, and sometimes the pain relief can be less apparent too. Since you're taking a mix of codeine and paracetamol please, please don't take any extra to compensate!

D

Deleted member 83869

Yup, all common side effects of opiate painkillers. You'll notice that after a few days these effects will be less obvious, and sometimes the pain relief can be less apparent too. Since you're taking a mix of codeine and paracetamol please, please don't take any extra to compensate!
Oh ****! I just feel like my blood is constantly low even though it isnt! and no no I wont! I worry about things like that anyway! but thank you :)

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Oh ****! I just feel like my blood is constantly low even though it isnt! and no no I wont! I worry about things like that anyway! but thank you :)
If you're constantly running low it's probably best to speak to your diabetic nurse as soon as possible to see if your insulin doses need adjusting at all.

D

Deleted member 83869

If you're constantly running low it's probably best to speak to your diabetic nurse as soon as possible to see if your insulin doses need adjusting at all.
No no my blood isnt low, it just feels like it is whilst I am on these tablets and when I test my blood its usually fine!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
15mg of is a relatively small dose for codeine which most people would have no bad reaction too, however it could just be that you are particularly sensitive to it.

I cant say Ive ever had feelings of hunger or feelings of weakness/faintness or anything like that even on much larger doses but everyone is different, I have read on pain relief forums that occasional light headedness is quite common when starting opiate pain killers but should go away after a few days assuming you take them regularly.

The only noticeable side effect I have suffered with opiates has been constipation which can be coupled with stomach cramps, indigestion and/or nausea but that didnt happen until I was using much higher doses of codeine in the form of DF118 40mg X 2 and the buprenorphine slow release patches that I now wear.

I would say go back and explain your symptoms to your doctor and see what she/he thinks as it could be the pain relief meds or something totally unconnected. Better to be safe than sorry :)

goose64

Hello,

certaily sounds like co-codamol - I take them occasionally to control arthritis pain & find some make me really woozy whilst other times they are fine

D

Deleted member 83869

15mg of is a relatively small dose for codeine which most people would have no bad reaction too, however it could just be that you are particularly sensitive to it.

I cant say Ive ever had feelings of hunger or feelings of weakness/faintness or anything like that even on much larger doses but everyone is different, I have read on pain relief forums that occasional light headedness is quite common when starting opiate pain killers but should go away after a few days assuming you take them regularly.

The only noticeable side effect I have suffered with opiates has been constipation which can be coupled with stomach cramps, indigestion and/or nausea but that didnt happen until I was using much higher doses of codeine in the form of DF118 40mg X 2 and the buprenorphine slow release patches that I now wear.

I would say go back and explain your symptoms to your doctor and see what she/he thinks as it could be the pain relief meds or something totally unconnected. Better to be safe than sorry :)
I think I will see how I go! Its not constant light headedness just like a couple hours after ive taken them!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App