Co Yo Yogurt

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I finally bought massively overpriced co yo yogurt and I must say it tastes very similar to Pride Coconut milk you can buy in Tesco for 99p. The milk is very thick and you can easily use it as a yogurt
coconut.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I finally bought massively overpriced co yo yogurt and I must say it tastes very similar to Pride Coconut milk you can buy in Tesco for 99p. The milk is very thick and you can easily use it as a yogurt
View attachment 20349
The price is a bit scary, @ewelina . It is quite addictive, too.
Some of us tried with varying success, to make our own a while ago.
I am sure there will be a thread on here somewhere. I did make a huge delicious batch, but alas, I was the only one home who eats the stuff, so I had to devour industrial quantities. That sort of cured the addiction, and I have resisted the urge to indulge further.

ewelina

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The price is a bit scary, @ewelina . It is quite addictive, too.
Some of us tried with varying success, to make our own a while ago.
I am sure there will be a thread on here somewhere. I did make a huge delicious batch, but alas, I was the only one home who eats the stuff, so I had to devour industrial quantities. That sort of cured the addiction, and I have resisted the urge to indulge further.
I checked the ingredients and It looks like thickened coconut milk (tapioca). I don't think its worth the price as really, that coconut milk from Tesco tastes very similar

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I checked the ingredients and It looks like thickened coconut milk (tapioca). I don't think its worth the price as really, that coconut milk from Tesco tastes very similar
I love them both. Could eat them to the exclusion of all else. Still think the Coyo has the edge though.
Just not for a while, as I am eating very low cal at the moment.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Coconut cream also has the same taste, but as you would expect, for anyone concerned about calories, it's highly, highly calorific. It is nice where there's an urge for cream, in the absence of cream in the fridge. As the coconut cream comes in a small tin or Tetrapak, it can snuggle in a cupboard somewhere, ready fr whatever fate will befall it.