coated nuts for weight loss

Roboboyo

Hi guys

I’m trying to loose weight, and I’m looking for nuts to snack on.

Bare naked nuts are the most healthy, but are sooo boring.

I like the coated nuts. Eg bbq coated, chilly coated etc etc

Just makes it more appealing!

My question is, what are the options, in regards to coated nuts, that you can snack on, and not gain weight?

Thanks guys s

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi guys

My question is, what are the options, in regards to coated nuts, that you can snack on, and not gain weight?

Thanks guys s

Roboboyo - I don't want to seem like I'm raining on your BBQ, but you really need to read the nutritional information on the packs of nuts you are considering.

Nuts are highly calorific, which may not be an issue for you, if you are on a low carb diet and keeping the carbs well down, but the coatings will often contain carbs - sugar and flours. Both acting as "glue" for the coatings, and the sugar enahncing the flavour, as out brains tend to go a bit bonkers for a combination of sweet and savoury things - think salted caramel.

From the flavour options you listed in your post, I'd be particularly suspicious of the BBQ, with chilli showing a bit more potential.

Personally, if I wanted flavoured nuts, I might try roasting some myself, but I appreciate that's quite a faff, and doesn't get the nuts into neat little 30gr packages.

Thinking back when I was eating quite a lot of nuts, I seem to recall KP Salt and Vinegar peanuts weren't too, too carb heavy, but really you need to do some fingerprick testing when you try the nuts, if you decide you want to.

I hope that might help a bit.

Reactions: pcs63

sausage91

Hi guys

Thanks guys s
Hi,
I was diagnosed in August 2018. Since then I have lost 5st10llb. It was quite simple - I emptied my cupboards of everything and started again. I looked for 'swaps' I was a crisp fiend so I bought pea snacks and lentil curls for an occasional snack. My meals - I cooked everything from scratch - learned that adding ginger, garlic and herbs or spices was perfectly fine and tasty. I bought some no sugar chocolate for a weekend treat. I also bought the Graze flavoured nuts which I have occasionally at lunchtime. My HBac1 after 2 blood tests was 46 (I started at 92). My doctor told me to stop using a blood test meter - he said they were pointless as the number changes from minute to minute and the HBac test was the only informative test. I'm convinced that eating whole foods is the answer. Nuts are perfect - they are the right kind of fat but I realised that if I want to eat them that was fine as long as I didn't exceed 60g of carbs at any mealtime. Put it this way - BBQ nuts are a better choice than a Mars bar.
I haven't done a mad amount of exercise - haven't bought a lycra suit or anything but after my nuts - I do stuff - either housework or walk somewhere. So enjoy your nuts - in moderation and keep moving. Look up X-pert Health people and buy their book.
Wish you all the best. Sarah