Coconut Milk

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
It's been a great and very tasty two weeks trying LCHF recipes and combinations. Overall, I've had great results with my experiments and only one dud - red lentil dal - that sent my blood sugar skyrocketing.

The next thing I want to try out is coconut milk, having read mixed reviews about what its carb content. Paleos praise it to the skies, but others are more cautious.

So, I'm going to put it to you lovely people - is coconut milk your friend, or your foe?

Reactions: 2 people

everway9

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Nothing springs to mind :)
I'm afraid I cannot really comment. I really did not like coconut milk last time I tired it. However, that was a very, very long time ago. My taste buds might have changed since then. Your post reminded me of that so I'm going to buy some tomorrow. I have heard that coconut is the new biggie in health these days. Or at least it is in the Dragons Den. :)

I'll let you know the results of my test.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Friend here too - makes great chia puddings :)

The brand I buy has no BPA can lining and contains no guar gum or other thickeners.

Tabbyjoolz

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Cruelty, bigotry
Thank you all. I think I'll try it out anyway, along with all the other milks, I'm quite fond of almond milk but haven't had any since diagnosis.