Coconut oil

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
Why Coconut Oil Won’t Kill You, But Listening to the American Heart Association Might!

You may have seen the news late last week about the latest “Presidential Advisory” on dietary fats released from the American Heart Association (AHA) published online in Circulation. The part of this report that seems to be making the most news around the internet is that coconut oil is unhealthy. In the last few days I’ve seen titles like “Coconut Oil is as Bad as Butter”, “Coconut Oil is Unhealthy and Has Never Been Healthy”. Not only do these types of headlines cause increased confusion for the general population, for those of us who understand the nuances and politics behind the AHA’s statement it’s absolutely infuriating. So, I thought I would write a rebuttal and present some actual facts about why their latest advice, and their continued promotion of inflammatory foods like margarine (yes, seriously) should be taken with a grain of salt.
http://sustainabledish.com/coconut-oil-wont-kill-listening-american-heart-association-might/

Reactions: ohdamn

keitjones

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When they start sending out advice about how bad sugars are, then I might start listening to this type of thing. The food industry were told to reduce fat content which they replaced with sugar.

As with all research a few key questions should be asked:

1) why was the research performed?
2) who funded it?
3) who benefits from the results?
4) simple size
5) how was the demographic chosen, by whom and why?

JTL

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Litterbugs war mongers hate mongers propagandists.
I'm sure there's more.
New in Lidl.
Own label 100% pure organic £2.50. for one of those small jars.