codefree meter reading

louloulee

Hi everyone
I have just brought a codefree meter and not sure if the readings are correct, I have used it twice in the evening 2 hours after a meal and it said 10. 7 .Not sure how accurate these meters are. the meal for the day has been
2 weetabix skimmed milk
Fish and salad
4 crisp bread = slither of cheese on tip
I do not see the nurse for another 2 months so not sure if this is ok. I tested my husband who is not ?? diabetic his reading was 7 (he had eaten bread and cakes etc) Wonder if husband should also see nurse or should do an fasting test first.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I just received one today and did my first test with it just before my evening meal a short time ago.
Pleased to say both my regular Freestyle Lite and the new one both agreed on 5.3 so pleased with that.
HTH
Angie

A

Anonymous

Hi Louloulee,

Did you check yourself before you had the meal - if so, what was the reading? 10.7 is quite high, but you haven't eaten much (unless you had the weetabix as part of the meal). But you may have started quite high.

I like weetabix but would find 2 would send me high (there's 13g carbs in each).

Give us a before and after reading with a list of what you ate and we can have a better idea.

S

louloulee

Thank you for your replys. The list is what I ate for the day, I am trying to lose weight so have stuck to this diet for a few weeks so cannot see why my sugar levels should be 10.7 . tomorrow I will test before a meal and after.