Codiene

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Just been given codiene as I’m not very well will this spike my sugars only one it 3 times aday

ert

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diabetes
fasting
There is a thread on our site already with lots of information: Type 1 Naproxen and Codeine
If you're still worried, then contact your diabetic nurse or doctor.

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just been given codiene as I’m not very well will this spike my sugars only one it 3 times aday

Teatime, I'm certainly not asking why you have been prescribed it, but if it helps you, and you'll only be on it a short while, for something transient, I might look on it as a tool to getting better and if my bloods went up, I'd call that a short term inconvenience.

If it raised my bloods a lot, and I had to be on it a long time, I might have a chat to see if there were credible alternatives, but they could potentially raise the numbers too.

You'll have to see what it does for and to you. Presumably, you have test kit?

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I’ve been given as a short term thing got a bad cough can’t rid and she gave it me will see how much it spikes my blood

Teatime

Type of diabetes
Type 2
There is a thread on our site already with lots of information: Type 1 Naproxen and Codeine
If you're still worried, then contact your diabetic nurse or doctor.

I’m type 2 going to keep my eye on my numbers don’t think I’ll be taking it long

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I've been on codydramol during the day and codeine at night for years. This prepdates my diabetes diagnosis, but I don't often take the daytime doses and haven't noticed any difference in my test results when I need to take the full amount.
The only issue I had was going lowcarb and still managing to eat enough fibre to counteract the constipation codeine causes me.

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
Yep. Constipation is something to be beware off.
Codeine is prescribed for diarrhoea which may give a hint.

Indy51

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I've had long periods of being on and off codeine since being diagnosed with Type 2 and haven't noticed any difference in BG levels because of taking it. I've been back on it for cough suppression for about a year now and again, no difference in BG.

Reactions: Teatime