Coincidence or Not?

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
September 15th was when I first started this thread and am still coughing and cold free for almost a year now. My wife has had several in that time. This completely bucks the trend of the previous 4 years or so, but coincides with starting lchf a year ago or thereabouts.

Oh c'mon, you just jinxed yourself :D

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh c'mon, you just jinxed yourself :D
I said to my wife last night that tomorrow I might catch a lousy long standing cold that lasts for weeks or months like last year and the year before that and before that, who knows, but the longer it goes on the more likely that low blood sugar takes the credit.

Reactions: Tophat1900

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yep, same here..15 months in not even a hint or a sniff of a cold.. Asthma still at bay.. All good.

And I used to get regular flare ups of the asthma, and each winter was guaranteed to bring a cold at least..LCHF, imho the root cause
of better health all round .

Last edited:
Reactions: Tophat1900

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yep, same here..15 months in not even a hint or a sniff of a cold.. Asthma still at bay.. All good.

And I used to get regular flare ups of the asthma, and each winter was guaranteed to bring a cold at least..LCHF, imho the root cause
of better health all round .
I know there are exceptions, but aren’t there always. So many are saying the same thing now.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I know there are exceptions, but aren’t there always. So many are saying the same thing now.

I can't even remember the last time I had a cold.... over 6 years and I take immune suppressants.

Reactions: Listlad

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
No I must admit have not had a cold for quite a while now, but then again I have not come down with
Smallpox, The Plague, Malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Cholera, Rabies, Hepatitis Or Lyme disease
either may just be coincidental but I'm not sure.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I must admit have not had a cold for quite a while now, but then again I have not come down with
Smallpox, The Plague, Malaria, Tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS, Cholera, Rabies, Hepatitis Or Lyme disease
:D Take your point there John. Me neither, but I did have some uncharacteristically heavy colds for a few years coinciding with higher blood sugars.

Reactions: JohnEGreen

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Then again there are a finite number of common cold viruses you cannot normally get the same cold variant twice due to immunity so the older you get and the more colds you have had the fewer viruses there are that you have no immunity to.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Then again there are a finite number of common cold viruses you cannot normally get the same cold variant twice due to immunity so the older you get and the more colds you have had the fewer viruses there are that you have no immunity to.
Reminds me of the assertion that we only have a finite number of heartbeats each so we wouldn’t want to use them all up exercising too heavily.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

And in the same spirit of mischief, @JohnEGreen ..I never really had any issue with any of those over 60 years, yet a cold regular as clockwork each year and asthma symptoms on a regular basis each year...yet now..mmm

Maybe I am now just immune to everything due to age..

Could save me a good bit of time on the cholera, malaria, etc jabs before the next trip out....;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reminds me of the assertion that we only have a finite number of heartbeats each so we wouldn’t want to use them all up exercising too heavily.
Was thinking of a much more pleasanter (and occasionally romantic) way to raise your heartbeat, but who would want to live like that,:wideyed:

counting carbs is bad enough.. But HEARTBEATS. :woot:.......:hilarious:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It’s over 2 weeks since I started this thread. I kept quiet just in case the whole thing came back to bite me in the derrière. :D However whilst Mrs Listlad and Miss Listlad coughed and spluttered for two weeks more (they are just over it now) I miraculously got away with neglible symptoms completely.

It may depend on how you interact with yer wife & kid?

I'm not a high carb consumer myself. (By design, neither do my wife & I have children.)

However: (logically weighing my experience.)
Despite having flu jabs for years, I've correlated my lack of or quickness to get over any "lurgey" in the past 7/8 years? with no longer (either) working in schools, or members of the general public in the "customer service" retail industry...? (Where I was still dealing with kids at "home time,")

It could just simply be owing to a lack of exposure to the risks? ;)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Oof. No I wouldn’t say that...

There’s been plenty of exposure. :D

Lurking around GP waiting rooms & "fly posting?" ;)

How is yer youngling doing with her ear infection.?

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
It is not a matter of conjecture there are it is estimated about no more than 200 different cold viruses the more colds you get the fewer you can get in the future so probably by the time you are between 150 and 200 years old you will be cold free if you have one cold a year all you have to do is live that long.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
It is not a matter of conjecture there are it is estimated about no more than 200 different cold viruses the more colds you get the fewer you can get in the future so probably by the time you are between 150 and 200 years old you will be cold free if you have one cold a year all you have to do is live that long.

I'm pretty sure I'll be cold free and also free from all ailments by the time I'm 150 to 200... good chance I'll be free from paying bills too, but can't completely guarantee that one. ;)

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think I would have liked to have got them all out of the way in one year at some point...

Reactions: JohnEGreen