Cold feet

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I'm on inulin
Hi Sonny, I've had Type 1 for over 30 years and I only have a problem with cold feet if I'm sitting around or working at my computer for too long. My hands get cold then too, but I think that's just because my circulation needs a boost from some exercise. If I spend the day moving about I don't have the same problem. I know people who don't have diabetes who suffer with cold feet, and I agree with Diakat, it's too easy to look to diabetes as the reason for all problems. I don't know how long you've had diabetes so I've no idea whether you may be suffering from neuropathy, and I'd suggest that's a diagnosis your doctor needs to make. I hope you get it sorted.

Sonnyb2

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
None
Hi Sonny, I've had Type 1 for over 30 years and I only have a problem with cold feet if I'm sitting around or working at my computer for too long. My hands get cold then too, but I think that's just because my circulation needs a boost from some exercise. If I spend the day moving about I don't have the same problem. I know people who don't have diabetes who suffer with cold feet, and I agree with Diakat, it's too easy to look to diabetes as the reason for all problems. I don't know how long you've had diabetes so I've no idea whether you may be suffering from neuropathy, and I'd suggest that's a diagnosis your doctor needs to make. I hope you get it sorted.
Hi I'm going to the endo at the end of nan whst insulin do u take ??

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Humalog + Lantus; how about you?

knoxy55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Anything to do with birds or feathers, whether to look at or eat.
Do you not have a yearly appointment with the chiropodist? I think that would be a good place to start as they do tests which will let you know if you are suffering from neuropathy or not. Hope you get sorted out soon, there is a saying when your feet are cold you are all cold!