cold feet ,

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
hi can anyone answer why my feet are cold all the time , even with 2.3 tog thermal socks on ? thanks

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Poor grammar, bullying and drunks.
This was my only symptom before diagnosis. It disappeared soon after I started lowering my carb intake. How are your blood glucose levels?

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
This was my only symptom before diagnosis. It disappeared soon after I started lowering my carb intake. How are your blood glucose levels?
to be honest ,, not very good , ive been struggling trying to adjust , they were 11.8 this morning ,, but normally around 5/6 to 8/9

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Type 2 Diabetes can, in some cases, cause restricted blood flow in the feet and legs. Gradually lowering the number of carbs can help but this depends on your personal circumstances regarding your medications, diet, insulin etc
When you get better control of your bg management your whole body benefits not just your feet.
As to trying to get them warm I tried everything but they felt as if they were filled with liquid nitrogen! Only better bg levels helped me.

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Type 2 Diabetes can, in some cases, cause restricted blood flow in the feet and legs. Gradually lowering the number of carbs can help but this depends on your personal circumstances regarding your medications, diet, insulin etc
When you get better control of your bg management your whole body benefits not just your feet.
As to trying to get them warm I tried everything but they felt as if they were filled with liquid nitrogen! Only better bg levels helped me.
ok thanks ,im on novomix 30 insulin with 2 x 500g metformin twice a day , but also had a heart attack last year in june so on other meds aswell , driving me crazy taking all this stuff,, think i just need to bit some bullets and get it under proper control

Guzzler

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Aye, I'm on a wheel barrow's worth of meds for other conditions, too. I would love to be med free but such is life.
Glad that after your HA you are still with us!

I am not on insulin so I can't give you advice about that but other members are sure to turn up soon with more appropriate suggestions. Good luck.

Reactions: smokiejoe03

Resurgam

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have you had your thyroid checked?
It was a long time ago now, but when I first started to take Thyroxine, on about the third day I had this feeling of warmth in my hands and feet as though they were immersed in warm water.

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Aye, I'm on a wheel barrow's worth of meds for other conditions, too. I would love to be med free but such is life.
Glad that after your HA you are still with us!

I am not on insulin so I can't give you advice about that but other members are sure to turn up soon with more appropriate suggestions. Good luck.
cheers

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Have you had your thyroid checked?
It was a long time ago now, but when I first started to take Thyroxine, on about the third day I had this feeling of warmth in my hands and feet as though they were immersed in warm water.
hi ,,,no i dont think so, i have said to the dr and diabetic nurse regarding my feet , but never seem to get a straight reply , also i have regular blood tests every 3 months but nothing is ever said regarding thyroid etc

rmz80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Would you say your sense of feel on the soles of your feet is normal? (if someone lightly touched them without you watching)
Does one foot seem better than the other for this?

Crocodile

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I can't have it often
Are your feet cold or do they just feel cold. High BG can do odd things with sensory peripheral nerves.

Glenn

LooperCat

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
My feet are often cold, but then they were even before diabetes. I wear thick socks at home, and furry boots when I go out, but once they’ve got cold they’re a nightmare to warm up again. I have a microwaveable teddy bear filled with wheat that I put on them when I’m at home - they don’t just feel cold, they ARE cold. Like lumps of ice.

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Would you say your sense of feel on the soles of your feet is normal? (if someone lightly touched them without you watching)
Does one foot seem better than the other for this?
sense of feel seems fine ,, just get so cold all the time,, only warm up when were on holiday ie spain portugal lol

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
My feet are often cold, but then they were even before diabetes. I wear thick socks at home, and furry boots when I go out, but once they’ve got cold they’re a nightmare to warm up again. I have a microwaveable teddy bear filled with wheat that I put on them when I’m at home - they don’t just feel cold, they ARE cold. Like lumps of ice.
same here

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are your feet cold or do they just feel cold. High BG can do odd things with sensory peripheral nerves.

Glenn
there cold, even though i wear 2,3 thermal socks all the time , maybe in the bath they will warm up for a bit ,

LittleGreyCat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Diet drinks - the artificial sweeteners taste vile.
Having to forswear foods I have loved all my life.
Trying to find low carb meals when eating out.
If it is poor circulation (not enough hot blood flowing through your feet) then it can get to the point where you can't warm them up just by wrapping them up.

Don't quote me, but it might be that bathing your feet in a bowl of warm water might warm your feet up and also open up the blood vessels and increase the blood flow. Just putting your feet up might increase the blood flow through your legs and feet.

Ask your doctor/nurse for advice.

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
If it is poor circulation (not enough hot blood flowing through your feet) then it can get to the point where you can't warm them up just by wrapping them up.

Don't quote me, but it might be that bathing your feet in a bowl of warm water might warm your feet up and also open up the blood vessels and increase the blood flow. Just putting your feet up might increase the blood flow through your legs and feet.

Ask your doctor/nurse for advice.
thanks for the tip,, ill dip em in a bowl of water thanks again

smokiejoe03

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin