1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Cold hands

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by UsmanMo96, Nov 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. UsmanMo96

UsmanMo96 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi,

I have been testing my blood sugar levels and my hands have been cold could this make it high? I checked it after I got back in and it was 10.9 if anyone have this problem?

2. Resurgam

Resurgam Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Stress can cause elevated levels - which might be the reason, but I had cold hands and feet before my failed thyroid was diagnosed.
    A few days of supplement and it was as though I was sitting in a warm bath.

3. UsmanMo96

UsmanMo96 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Well, i try and stay warm in this weather and its difficult but anytime I check my blood sugar levels with my hands cold I get a higher reading. I have managed to control my stress with exercise.

4. Diakat

Diakat Type 1 · Expert
    Retired Moderator

My hands are often cold and I find no correlation to high numbers.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook