Cold therapy???

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I've just been to my Aqua-mobility class and it's been quite a tough 45 minutes workout. It is fun still, but I suspect my upper arms will know about it tomorrow. I'm trying to get my weight down, so I've pruned carbs right back: aiming for 20 per day 8).
Now the question.Shouldn't the COLD water get my metabolism moving? It was cold enough to make everyone complain this morning, not just the usual, Doris and Me. I hope I do get some more weight off, before I develop hypothermia

Katharine

Well, Hana, you should burn off more calories exercising in cold water than in warm water. The trouble is, that it is certainly less enjoyable and that could affect how long you stick it out.

I regularly prance around my hot living room in my wrist to ankle to neck thermals for an hour or so at at time. I hate the cold too!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
The class is 45 minutes and by the end, I'm shivering. Most of the rest of the class find it fine and tell me I'll warm up if I get moving, but I don't, I just get colder. The life guards claim the water is at 31 deg C. It may be at 5 cm depthe, but not any lower down.
I take my late father's bathrobe with me to the pool and that helps.

brianb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Does the bath robe not get wet when you are swimming :D :D :D :D :D :D

Brian

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
I did start to walk in to the water with it on last week, but I did remembered to leave it on the poolside :lol: