Coming to term with diagnosis or either type

Rosieroo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all
I was diagnosed with GD at 22 weeks pregnant. I got told that it would go once my baby was born however it didn't and I was diagnosed with type 2 . However I've struggled to get my levels down and had further tests and have been told I am type 1.5 and will eventually be type 1.

It's been quite a year since having my little boy , I had a feeling I didn't have type 2. It's weird because I know it's common and know so many people with it but I never realised how it can be hard. I work in a school and we have young children who have to inject and test and I see them in a new light now and think if they can manage it so can I.

I wanted to ask you all how have you accepted having diabetes

Reactions: noblehead

azure

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I think the answer for me was understanding it wasn't my fault. Learning more about it made me feel better.

That and time. It took me months to properly come to terms with Type 1, but gradually I learnt to concentrate on controlling it and not letting it control me.

It's not easy though. It's a big lifestyle change. Give yourself time and be kind to yourself.

tim32

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I tried to drown it with Guinness, (That does not work) Then i found this forum and website, I am probably now a Type 2 low carb high fat bore, on the plus side i am 3 stone lighter and i hope my HBA1C results on Tuesday will put me back in the pre diabetes range. We all handle it differently but you can ask questions on here (no matter how silly or trivial they seem) and you get answers. I fall out with myself and my diet and my diabetes, but with the support of this community i get back "on message" and carry on.
Don't beat yourself up, don't give up, and treat yourself once in a while.
Good luck with your journey.