Comparison between Thai System and N.H.S. Part 1.

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
THAI

Firstly In General all Doctors are employed by Hospitals, some work in more than one Hospital. On different days there are not really any General Practitioners, They all have their specialities. Much the same as hospitals in UK have different depts. Hospitals will charge for Seeing Doctor for Blood Test, for cotton wool used to For nurse who takes your temperature etc. One thing that sums it up for me is the English Translation of Hospital Signs.. At first I thought it was a mistake in Translation it is Dear Customers (Not Dear Patient.) I now believe that it reflects a state of mind.

A Typical visit for me (4 times a year.) is arrive at Hospital between 7,30 am and 8 am Go to front desk get print out for my schedule Go to Nurses station hand in print out ( I think this is so they Know I am in the building.) directed to NURSE VAMPIRE For Blood Test wait perhaps 5 mins Then Have Blood Test. 8.30 – 8.45 Then go to Eat Plenty of choice I Usually plump for 2 fried eggs sausage Bacon and Tomatoes and 2 teaspoon full of Baked Beans Coffee. Eat and read English Language Thai Newspaper. Provided by the hospital. At 9.30 make my way to doctors area, nurse takes Temp. and Blood pressure and Weight 10 am Doctor arrives ( She has been there dealing with Inpatients) Usually see Diabetes doctor within 15 mins. She has Blood test results. Discus results and any concerns I have No Rushing etc and no Diabetic Nurse as such although each doc has a nurse present leave exam room wait 2 -3 Minutes for next apt details. Then make my way to see Heart Doctor Nurse takes temp BP and weight. See Doc within 15mins He also has blood test results much the same as before except he gives me a full exam listening to heart etc when finished get Next apt and bill for everything That has happened that day. If required can see eye doc etc usually once a year

Go To accounts dept and if needed to dispensary for meds.( this will be subject of Part 2.time about 11.30 am your day is yours…..To be Continued/….

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting.

I gather you are there most of the morning?
Does each town, no matter how small, have such a hospital, or would it require many people to travel out of their normal locality?
How much do these things cost?
What would happen if you need a scan or an X-ray?
What happens with more minor ailments that people here see a local GP about?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Do you get charged twice for the Diabetes nurse and the heart dept nurse both doing temp, BP and weight?

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Do you get charged twice for the Diabetes nurse and the heart dept nurse both doing temp, BP and weight?
No I think it is just what they are told to do when a Patient arrives, and they don't check to see if I have had it done before

Reactions: Rachox

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
No I think it is just what they are told to do when a Patient arrives, and they don't check to see if I have had it done before

Are there computer records, or portable medical files that move from one department to another? If these things are entered by one nurse, it isn't difficult to look and see. What would she do if you told her you'd had these done an hour earlier?

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Interesting.

I gather you are there most of the morning?
Does each town, no matter how small, have such a hospital, or would it require many people to travel out of their normal locality?
How much do these things cost?
What would happen if you need a scan or an X-ray?
What happens with more minor ailments that people here see a local GP about?
Yes All Morning 3-4 HRS which includes Blood Test 2 Doctors and ( Leisurely Breakfast (at least 1 hour) Major towns have multiple Hospital Choices in the countryside may have to travel or can use clinic Their are some GOVT Hospitals which offer free or cheap treatment for people out of work etc as to cost see PART 2

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Are there computer records, or portable medical files that move from one department to another? If these things are entered by one nurse, it isn't difficult to look and see. What would she do if you told her you'd had these done an hour earlier?
Everything is on Computers. Maybe Nurse don't read them or maybe it just fills up there time.and yes I do tell them it does not change anything its their Job

TheBigNewt

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds kinda like a gubment operation. I'm familiar with those. One thing that's good is all their electronic records from the entire VA healthcare system (150 hospitals, 800 clinics, like 9 million patients signed up) are visible from anywhere the guy has enrolled. Goes back to around 2000. All the lab, xray reports, meds prescribed, surgery, hospitalizations, clinic visits. Everything. Somewhere there are some huge servers storing all that data. I can even see the actual heart cath angiograms from some of them.

Reactions: Bluetit1802

bangkokdiabetic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds kinda like a gubment operation. I'm familiar with those. One thing that's good is all their electronic records from the entire VA healthcare system (150 hospitals, 800 clinics, like 9 million patients signed up) are visible from anywhere the guy has enrolled. Goes back to around 2000. All the lab, xray reports, meds prescribed, surgery, hospitalizations, clinic visits. Everything. Somewhere there are some huge servers storing all that data. I can even see the actual heart cath angiograms from some of them.
I do not think so I think it is just within a Particular hospital that the records are available I could be wrong I do not know how Long they keep them either.