complex carbs??

trand

I am off to japan next month and the in-flight meal fo me is ''A collection of complex carbs'' this doe's not seem the type of diet I should be haveing, I have read on here that most airlines follow this high carb meal, do you think it best that I just opt for the normal meal and pick out the best bits? we are going bussiness class,..(wife has messed up hip replacement and this is the best option for a better seat,) so should be getting a bit better food, also, doe's any body think I should see my gp, and get extra Metformin, and maybe double my dose, as I can't see me being able to keep to my low carbing while out there thanks

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Re the in-flight meal - it's worth contacting the airline, explaining that you eat low-carb, and can they accommodate your diet. They will cater for gluten-intolerant, vegetarian, food allergies etc, so why not low-carb? Most good airlines will fall over themselves to help - when you come back here and tell us how good they are, it's worth more to them than any TV advertising!

I don't know much about Japanese food when you're there, but there must be many ways you can avoid rice and noodles, without eating sushi the whole time :shock: . Why not google 'Japanese low-carb diet' or similar and see what happens? Or contact the Japanese embassy and discuss food with them. Again, they should be glad to help.

Yes, I would certainly discuss your medication with your GP before you go. How long will you be there for? If it's a two- or three-week break, a little bit extra carb won't hurt you.

Have a wonderful time! :p

Viv 8)

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Trand,

Just contact the airline now and request a low-carb meal for yourself, most airlines are more than happy to do this and it shouldn't be a problem.

Nigel

trand

Thanks for the replies, I have done some research and it seems it will be no problem low carbs in Japan, I am going to ask the airline though, will post the response....