Computer says 'no' to more test strips!

agold

Dear doctor,

I've just been to the pharmacy to collect my blood test strips which i ordered online along with a couple of other bits, only to be told you hadn't written the prescription for the test strips! I am now left with no way to test my levels for at least the whole weekend. The pharmacist said it was probably because I'd used up my last lot too quickly! Well, thanks doctor for letting me know you'd made that decision. Of course it also means i can't drive anywhere, know what dose of insulin to give myself, know how high or low i might be going, or know if the pump I'm trialing is working or not. I'm thinking a short spell in a&e might possibly be a bit more costly to the nhs than a box of test strips!

Have a good weekend and if you need me, I'll be drooling in a heap in the corner.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
That is shocking as someone who is using insulin, the only suggestion I can make is to buy some strips to see you over the weekend and play hell when the surgery opens on Monday morning.

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Agold, :)

You pharmacy could have easily helped you out by letting you borrow or buy some strips then credit you when your GP amends or issues a new prescription. ( Not as if the strips are a drug )
This should have been highlighted If procedures where set up correctly. I may not have been the Doctors error.

As you say "Computer Says No"

Hope you get it sorted.

Roy :)

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
The pharmacy can "lend" you drugs, which are on your normal repeat too. We've both been offered this, when the prescriptions have been delayed arriving from the Health Centre. this doesn't happen often. the "collect/deliver" system woerks well here
Hana