concerned

Gotty

I have type 2 diabetes,and my doctor just altered medication from 1 x Metformin three times a day to now 2x Metformin twice per day. Just had a scary episode after lunch ,temperature when sky high,hair wet through with sweat,chest feeling tight .Cant contact Doctor until Monday. I don,t know,and required advice but was this a kind of hypo attack ? A bit worrying.

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have type 2 diabetes,and my doctor just altered medication from 1 x Metformin three times a day to now 2x Metformin twice per day. Just had a scary episode after lunch ,temperature when sky high,hair wet through with sweat,chest feeling tight .Cant contact Doctor until Monday. I don,t know,and required advice but was this a kind of hypo attack ? A bit worrying.
Metformin doesn't usually cause hypo's (Do you have a meter? Can you test?), but it can make you feel god-awful. Have you changed your diet at all since you've been diagnosed? Could well be if you go low carb, you can do without metformin entirely, which'd be good if it doesn't agree with you. (Certainly didn't agree with me!)
https://josekalsbeek.blogspot.com/2019/11/the-nutritional-thingy.html <-- might help.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-23_16-47-47.png
    upload_2020-5-23_16-47-47.png
    203.4 KB · Views: 136

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Hi there Gotty . Were I to speculate, I'd be surprised if you had a hypo, shortly after eating your lunch, as eating will usually raise blood sugar. What and when you eat can influence by how much it'll go up.

What did you have for lunch, and was that a regular thing, or something you hadn't had before or recently?