Conflict of interest?

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other

I had better take your advice. What M**** and en dow 2 do is best not discussed in polite company. Humph :)

Still, at my age, no point me concerning myself about it. I think it is time to come to terms with the fact "they" are all liars and we are all part of some experimential trial. With that thought I will go and broach the young lottie neighbour who heard us oldies discussing the likelihood of anyone under 55 getting a state pens....... no lets not go there.

NoCrbs4Me

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Vegetables
Wow my son would love seeing this. For 10 years he only ate broccoli ! And we were for ever trying for him to eat any other veg and his diet was no fruit. Lol
The thing is you can't eat loads of refined carbs and expect to be healthy no matter how much fresh meat and or fruit/veg you eat.

covknit

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Other
This is what Bed Goldacre and others wrote to the General Medical Council in 2013 on the subject of conflict of interest (and also withheld trial results):-
http://www.badscience.net/2013/12/h...-systemic-failures-in-the-medical-profession/
interesting read especially about the GP's conflict of interest. I had been assured that my GP would not be "allowed" to "profit" from participating in a trial and certainly would not fail to advise a patient they are pre diabetic or refuse medication because of their interest in diabetes trials.

Coventry NHS trust are actively investigating clinical trials for the likes of GSK as an income source but openly state they are having problems finding enough patients for a dementia trial.

This article in todays Guardian is a bit of an expose on sensationalist science reporting https://www.theguardian.com/science...g&utm_term=232424&subid=10401739&CMP=ema-2793. It is about publishing and how scientists improve their job prospects. No specific mention of diabetes.

Reactions: Prem51