Confused by GP comment on blood test

Pinkorchid

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Pinkorchid
I'm hoping this link works http://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/gp...st-medical-records-from-2020/20038203.article
From -April 2020 as part of the agreed new GP contract GP's must start putting current records online and have until April 2021 to put all of a patient's past records on line so you'll not have long to wait. :)
To be honest I am not bothered anyway about seeing my records there would not be much to read as they would have a very large gap in them because I never needed to visit a doctor for years and years. I only take tablet blood pressure tablets and apart from the T2 which is pretty well controlled I don't have any other medical problems so not bad for an 80 year old

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be honest I am not bothered anyway about seeing my records there would not be much to read as they would have a very large gap in them because I never needed to visit a doctor for years and years. I only take tablet blood pressure tablets and apart from the T2 which is pretty well controlled I don't have any other medical problems so not bad for an 80 year old
Not bad for any age!

Halfhybrid

Lots of good advice from all of you, thanks. Very confused about carbs though. I was looking at a website showing carb content of various foods and a lot of it doesn't make sense to me. For example, white bread (which I always thought was the arch enemy) has fewer carbs than a seeded loaf that is full of protein-filled seeds! I also understand that Pilsner lagers have a relatively benign effect on blood sugar yet I'm told that alcohol is also an arch enemy, particularly beers and lagers. And finally, "carbs" measurements seem to be different to the actual amount of sugar/wheat etc in a particular type of food.

I am baffled by it all.

Norfolkmell

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Tattoos, carers calling me lovey or duckie when I've only just met them
The science behind all of this is beyond me, but, someone here will know and then we will too! :smug: