Confused help

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi all
For a few weeks i have had weird readings,
Just wondered what u guys think about it.

In morning i will have porridge and honey (bs 11mmol)
And then run/walk to work.
I then take my bs about an hour later and its up to 14-15mmol

But if i wait for another hour and run back home my bs drops lower than i morning readings to 5.9-8.7mmol

Thanks

Steve

rom35

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
porridge and honey
this is the answer:
Porridge is a food made by boiling ground, crushed or chopped starchy plants—typically grain—in water or milk. - carbs

Honey - carbs.

So you eat carbs + carbs :banghead: with relatively low GI (42%) - it means the spike will come later and for longer time. And the walk works for you so you will go lower at the end than you were at the start..

Replace this poison with eggs and bacon for breakfest :)

Reactions: steveis36

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Yeah i kinda understand the carb thing but before well last year at least the spike would take pretty much all day to come down.

Sorry just rambling on lol

Freema

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi all
For a few weeks i have had weird readings,
Just wondered what u guys think about it.

In morning i will have porridge and honey (bs 11mmol)
And then run/walk to work.
I then take my bs about an hour later and its up to 14-15mmol

But if i wait for another hour and run back home my bs drops lower than i morning readings to 5.9-8.7mmol

Thanks

Steve

there is just too much carb in your breakfast dear thats the reason to the very high spike, maybe your diabetes has become worse and therefore a higher spike

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
New idiom for me, what does it mean? In plain english...
Dictionary.com says: 'to talk or write in a discursive, aimless way',
another dictionary sites definition: 'to talk or write about something for a long time in a way that is boring, annoying or confusing'
I couldn't work out how to describe it very well myself so had to go to said dictionary sites.

And other words that can be used instead of 'ramble' to sorta mean the same thing: babble, prattle, blather, gabble, jabber - personally I like prattle :)

Reactions: lindijanice

steveis36

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Uuumm
I was told by my diabetic nurse to take my bg every 2 hours as your blood all over the place which it was .
So in other words if i hadnt taken my bloods an hour later after food i would have seen 5.9 and (for me)running never really brought my bgs down it was always cycling (which my bg would plummet down)
And i understand about carbs but i havent been too good as had stomach problems and ive been eating porridge and sometimes bread to help my discomfort until omeprazole has built up in my system as i was going through the chicken like it was going out of extinction
And right now at 3.25am i am really hungry......what to have

goalie

The spike is the result of the carbs in the porridge and honey. If your baseline before breakfast was , say 5 mmol then you might spike to say 8 or 9. All comes down again later in respose to your own insulin? or diabetes meds assisted by the activity