Confused symptoms

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I have a cold at the moment and I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. Also I'm finding exercise #VERY HARD, because my breathing is blocked.
Yesterday, I went on a visit to the Thqmes Valley Police college and Museum. It was fascinating. I'd recommend it to any group. Toward the end of the visit, I began to have what I thought were hypo symptoms. I took a glucotab and a drink of water, sat down and felt better after about 5 minutes BG wasn't low though 4.9.
I had a similar "turn" today, but was at home, so I tried my Blood Pressure machine. BP 95/42!!!! and pulse rate 62BPM. This time I just lay down until I felt better.
However, the symptoms were VERY like hypo. Any ideas anyone?
Hana

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
Hana,go and get checked out by doctor!!! BP is very low, best to be checked properly.

totsy

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
liars, animal cruelty
hya hana,
plz get checked out as its a tad lower than should be :D

valattrevear

Dislikes
Vegetables!
Hana, these symptoms were me a year ago, and 24 hours later I was in hospital with pneumonia, get thee to a doctor :!:
Val

sugar2

Hana, Hope you are OK? Sometimes I confuse a hypo with falling blood sugar, but that doesn't seem to help with your situation. Take care!

Kansenji

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being obese.
hanadr said:
I have a cold at the moment and I'm feeling a bit sorry for myself. Also I'm finding exercise #VERY HARD, because my breathing is blocked.
Yesterday, I went on a visit to the Thqmes Valley Police college and Museum. It was fascinating. I'd recommend it to any group. Toward the end of the visit, I began to have what I thought were hypo symptoms. I took a glucotab and a drink of water, sat down and felt better after about 5 minutes BG wasn't low though 4.9.
I had a similar "turn" today, but was at home, so I tried my Blood Pressure machine. BP 95/42!!!! and pulse rate 62BPM. This time I just lay down until I felt better.
However, the symptoms were VERY like hypo. Any ideas anyone?
Hana
As others have said, consult your GP.

As soon as I started school at 5 years of age, I started to feel unwell & some discomfort if I stood up for more than a few minutes; it was dismissed as some sort of "fainting" problem. Thing got worse as I grew up & I had lots of lower back pain at times. I used to notice that I got "hot flushes" frequently too. Ten years ago, it was discovered that I had been born with a disfigured Lumbar bone at the base of my spine; that gave me a permanent disc prolapse & lots of pain when standing.

Even with all that history behind me, I only realised about 1 year ago (at 56 years old) that those symptoms were caused by BACK PAIN & their effects are almost the same as having a Hypo (Profuse sweating, exhaustion, tachycardia, lightheadeness etc.).

I have experienced several REAL Hypos, but it is remarkable how severe pain can cause similar symptoms. It is worth mentioning that if you have lived with pain all your life, it can gradually become very severe without the sufferer realising what is really wrong with them. Thus standing can = pain = hypo-like symptoms; a good reason to always check blood glucose levels if feeling hypo-like.

I'm not saying that "hanadre" has back pain, but it might be worth me asking them that question.

lilibet

Hana

Orthostatic Hypotension caused by changes in posture that cause drop in blood pressure
Low sodium also causes low BP - affected by over drinking of water, or more commonly 'water tablets'.

As people say - best to get BP that low checked out. Your heart rate seemed fine though so dont know If i would go down thyroid route or whatever

Still, better safe than sorry