1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2022 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

Confused

Discussion in 'Ask A Question' started by Ange1a65, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Ange1a65

Ange1a65 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I was original diagnosed June 2016 and had 3 heck since then. But diet control only
    My first was
    78mmol
    48 mmol
    31 mmol....she did day my weight had increased on each occasion but my clothes are say different so so I went to boots to be weighed and here was a 4 kg difference.
    I will carry on a I am as I still get hypos....does this get anyone else

2. pleinster

pleinster Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Hi. Well done on controlling through diet alone. Like a lot of other Type 2s, I do this too. Is your diet low carb? the drop from 78-31 looks good but I'm not clear on the numbers..is that HbA1c test results? If so, 31 is definitely a non-diabetic level...and if you are getting hypos still, I would think about easing up on your diet. I am also confused if your weight is increasing with such a large drop and with a diet...but I guess we all differ. As for your 4kg difference..that's not a lot and scales can be out...did you have the same clothes on? Sorry if that seems a daft question. As for changes in clothing in relation to weight gain...a couple f kilos here and there are not likely to make differences that are hugely noticable in clothing sizes. I think you need to speak to your doctor/nurse about the fact you are having hypos. How low are these hypos?

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook