Confused

H_Cs

So this is going to sound super weird but I don't know what else to do. I have started having some strange diabetes symptoms here lately, such as hypoglycemic episodes and other things. I'll get nauseous, dizzy and feel sick and shaky and space out for a bit (like right now) until I've got something in me, and then I'll perk up. I also have lost my appetite. Also, I've started seeing halos around lights and have been having headaches since last Sunday now! I don't know if the halos and headaches are related, by the way. I'm going to buy some ketone strips soon, and I'll get meter strips so I can test myself, but other than testing and probably seeing an optometrist for the eyes, does anyone have suggestions and things I should be doing till then? Thanks, and sorry if this is confusing! =-)

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
Did you test during these events?

I know this will sound incredibly predictable, but make an appointment with your GP... this may or may have nothing to do with diabetes.

Reactions: H_Cs

H_Cs

Did you test during these events?

I know this will sound incredibly predictable, but make an appointment with your GP... this may or may have nothing to do with diabetes.
I do not. This is because at the time I purchased a meter, I was under the assumption that it had strips with it and have not yet been able to test anything, but I am soon to buy them. I understand that it may or may not have any correlation to diabetes, I just have no earthly clue what is going on right now in my body. And I'll see if I can go to the GP soon.

Tophat1900

Type of diabetes
Type 3c
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Uncooked bacon
I do not. This is because at the time I purchased a meter, I was under the assumption that it had strips with it and have not yet been able to test anything, but I am soon to buy them. I understand that it may or may not have any correlation to diabetes, I just have no earthly clue what is going on right now in my body. And I'll see if I can go to the GP soon.

That seems unusual for a meter to not have strips, you usually get a sample of about 10 strips with a new meter.Oh well, hope you get some answers soon.

Reactions: H_Cs

DCUKMod

Master
Staff Member
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
So this is going to sound super weird but I don't know what else to do. I have started having some strange diabetes symptoms here lately, such as hypoglycemic episodes and other things. I'll get nauseous, dizzy and feel sick and shaky and space out for a bit (like right now) until I've got something in me, and then I'll perk up. I also have lost my appetite. Also, I've started seeing halos around lights and have been having headaches since last Sunday now! I don't know if the halos and headaches are related, by the way. I'm going to buy some ketone strips soon, and I'll get meter strips so I can test myself, but other than testing and probably seeing an optometrist for the eyes, does anyone have suggestions and things I should be doing till then? Thanks, and sorry if this is confusing! =-)

Have you been diagnosed as having any form of blood glucose problems, whether diabetes or not?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have started having some strange diabetes symptoms here lately, such as hypoglycemic episodes and other things. I'll get nauseous, dizzy and feel sick and shaky and space out for a bit (like right now) until I've got something in me, and then I'll perk up.
Just as a quick note, diabetes does not cause hypos, when diabetics hypo it is due to the diabetic meds they are taking not the diabetes itself (if I was not taking insulin I would not hypo - I would however also be dead so y'know I have no choice :)), but yeah go to your doctors.

H_Cs

Have you been diagnosed as having any form of blood glucose problems, whether diabetes or not?
No. I did try to bring it up with my doctor about t=similar symptoms in 2017 I believe, but A1C was 5.2, which was weird because I was definitely experiencing something or another. I understand that it's probably not diabetes, but the symptoms I was and am feeling made me believe it to be but it's probably not. It could be nothing as well, just not sure.

H_Cs

Just as a quick note, diabetes does not cause hypos, when diabetics hypo it is due to the diabetic meds they are taking not the diabetes itself (if I was not taking insulin I would not hypo - I would however also be dead so y'know I have no choice :)), but yeah go to your doctors.
Oooh, I actually did not know this. I thought that they happened when you took too much insulin or didn't eat enough with the bolus, thank you for clarifying this for me!! :)

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought that they happened when you took too much insulin or didn't eat enough with the bolus, thank you for clarifying this for me!! :)
Yes, that is what I was saying, its the meds that cause the hypos, ie the insulin in my case.

I possibly misread your post, are you taking any diabetic meds (as your profile doesn't give any info), I read the post as you thinking you had it because of hypo symptoms but not diagnosed (I didn't sleep well last night, I'm tired :))

H_Cs

Yes, that is what I was saying, its the meds that cause the hypos, ie the insulin in my case.

I possibly misread your post, are you taking any diabetic meds (as your profile doesn't give any info), I read the post as you thinking you had it because of hypo symptoms but not diagnosed (I didn't sleep well last night, I'm tired :))
I am not taking anything as I am non-diagnosed. Also, I'm sorry you didn't sleep well! :(

H_Cs

Maybe it could just be non-diabetic episodes of hypoglycemia, as I have had these episodes for a while. I try to eat well and not overload on carbs or anything, but these things still happen. :***: