Confused !!

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I have just tested my BS on my Contour Next meter and it read 12.1 , thinking this a bit high for me I tested again on my normal Contour meter and it read 8.9, just to make sure (!!) I tested again on my spare Contour meter it was 8.5. I did another one on the Contour Next and it was 5.2 !! These readings were taken one after the other so there was no time lapse. I now don't know which of my meters to believe.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've had lots of issues with my Contour meter giving incorrect low results. For example, last year I tested myself with it and it said I was in the 2s, didn't feel hypo in the slightest, tested again and I was in the 5s. I now use it as my spare meter, but took it with me on holiday as a backup. Tested before dinner one night and it showed I was in the 3s, tested on my MyLife meter and it said I was in the 6s.

If I were you, I'd think about not using a Contour meter. I use the MyLife Pura, as after a bit of research I found that it is the most accurate meter and amongst the cheapest strips. It's designed around accuracy and if you read the marketing guff that comes with it, the test strips are designed to give accurate readings, which is why they are of a different design to other test strips. It's very, very consistent and I trust its results completely.