Confusing Blood Sugars

RandomGiggles

Hey,
I've been exhibiting symptoms of diabetes, the usual; peeing alot, tired majority of the time, thirst etc.
I have relations (close & apart) with diabetes so when symptoms like these pop up, it's second nature to think diabetes.
So I booked an appointment with the doctor and have tested my blood sugar for 5 days now (trying to get a week, to find out the general average) to show my doctor about my concerns.
Basically I test my blood in the morning, before evening meal & then two hours after my evening meal. My morning glucose levels have been around the 7.0 mark, I then did a fasting blood glucose test to see what it would be. Only drinking water and then I tested my blood level in the morning and it was 8.0.
Before my evening meal they are usually around the 6.0-6.6 mark which are within the normal range and after tea they have been 8.1-11.1 the higher levels got me worried along with the 8.0 fasting level.
The doctors appointment and my weekly log should help with clearing everything up and so on, so until then I'm worrying.
I keep needing a wee so sleep at the moment is annoying, therefore I thought i'd voice my concerns on the forum. What do you think? Is there a need for worry or am I just worrying of spilt milk?

justconfused

Hi Random,

welcome to this forum, it is a great place to be as everyone is very helpful.

your fasting BS level is a bit on the high side and I am sure once you start taking medication, with diet and exercise, things would be much better.

good luck and start reading about low GI food, 30 mins of walking daily, and some meds.

hope all goes well,

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
As you have not had a diagnosis of anything yet I am loath to give out any advice. The levels would warrant further investigation, which is what you are doing.

However, your levels could be due to your lifestyle, type of foods you consume etc, high Bg levels
8 - 11 could be because you ate a very high carb meal, nothing to do with having Diabetes. My son's Bg levels can go much higher than that after a 'blow out' with his mates, but it soon gets back to normal. He is not Diabetic.

Get a diagnosis when you see your GP, then if needs be come back here and we can offer correct advice relative to your diagnosis.

Ken

RandomGiggles

Hey everyone,
Thanks for your comments, they settled me abit. I had my doctors appointment about an hour ago where I voiced my concerns about everything; symptoms etc.
He said he was worried about the fasting blood sugars as they we're higher than they should be. From this he sent me to get a fasting blood glucose blood test done. He also did my glucose using a meter at the doctors and it was 8.2 didn't have breakfast etc.
I'm having other tests aswell to rule out everything else as it could be something else affecting my blood sugars etc.
Thanks, I'll update when I get my results back :)