Confusing fasting/non-fasting readings

dabuck

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
I've been routinely monitoring my fasting and non-fasting blood sugar levels at the advice of my GP after a routine blood test revealed a borderline reading. Since that time, I've cut about 9 kg, nearly eliminated any refined carbs from my diet (no sugars, potatoes, starches, rice, fruits, high-glycemic vegetables), done better portion controls. I'm not a big sweets/desserts person, and that hasn't changed or become even more conservative. I'd think that I'm largely doing the right things as much as possible, and I continue light weight loss (maybe 1 lb every 1-2 weeks, loss of belly fat). My fiber intake is good as well. But I'm confused by what has happened as a result.

My fasting levels in the morning have been routinely between 100 - 115 mg/dL.
My post-prandial levels (two hours after eating) have ranged from 85 - 92 mg/dL.

This seems counter to what I would expect by my changes so I don't understand it. Has anyone else encountered similar results and could they share their insights? Based on the above, I'm worried despite the fact that my normal readings (taken randomly through the day) are usually 100 mg/dL or under. Should I be concerned?

Thanks for any feedback.