Confusing numbers

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I was only testing on waking and bedtime and averaging 6.0 before breakfast and 5.9 at bedtime.
Now I’m doing before and 2 hour after meals and averaging 5.9 before and 6.5 after

Are these good or bad? My last HbA1c was 6.1 down from 7.1 and weight loss in 6 months 4 stone from just over 17 stone to 13 1/2 stone.

BP down from 150/69 to 119/63

I think I’m doing ok and next HbA1c is end May

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like everything is tickety boo...Great weight loss and numbers are good. Your next HbA1c should be excellent. BP also much improved so well done you all round.

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
It shows the low carb diet works - only downfall is my love of bread!
Would the HbA1c number be the average of those in taking?

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Very well done!

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It shows the low carb diet works - only downfall is my love of bread!
Would the HbA1c number be the average of those in taking?
Not necessarily.. depends what is happening overnight when you are sleeping and at other times when you are not measuring. Blood sugar in some can go up and down quite a bit whereas in others its quite smooth so hard to say for sure.

Barrowbakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Not necessarily.. depends what is happening overnight when you are sleeping and at other times when you are not measuring. Blood sugar in some can go up and down quite a bit whereas in others its quite smooth so hard to say for sure.

Thank you

kokhongw

Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Big pharma would shout from the mountain top if their latest magic pills give you those results.