confusion over 12 weeks or not 12 wweeks¬

Colin Crowhurst

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I thought the 12 week letter trumped the "key worker" card....

If still confused, your own GP should be able to confirm, however the receptionist may not let you speak to them.......

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
I thought the 12 week letter trumped the "key worker" card....

If still confused, your own GP should be able to confirm, however the receptionist may not let you speak to them.......

I thought as well that the 12 week isolation letter trumped anything else on the basis you are extremely high risk

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
However my place as a key worker is to provide services to everyone else thus requires me to leave the house and go to work, but looking on the bright side, my occupation does not require as much social interaction as say an NHS worker and my place of work has adequate restrictions in place to prevent any infection from spreading.

I suspect (but would advise anyone to check this carefully) that having received the Shield for 12 weeks letter, your employer’s insurance will not cover them if you go to work. Also, HR will be obliged to send you home if you attempt to work away from home.

I know that my employer will not permit employees covered by a doc sick note to work for this reason, and if we feel well before our sick note runs out, we are required to see our doctor to confirm that we are able to return to work.

worth checking before you turn back up for work.
I have no idea if the rules I have just quoted above apply to certain sectors or everyone.