1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

confusion over 12 weeks or not 12 wweeks¬

Discussion in 'Type 1 Diabetes' started by DiabeticDi, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Colin Crowhurst

Colin Crowhurst Type 1 · Well-Known Member

I thought the 12 week letter trumped the "key worker" card....

If still confused, your own GP should be able to confirm, however the receptionist may not let you speak to them.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. searley

searley Type 1 · Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought as well that the 12 week isolation letter trumped anything else on the basis you are extremely high risk

3. Brunneria

Brunneria Other · Guru
    Retired Moderator

I suspect (but would advise anyone to check this carefully) that having received the Shield for 12 weeks letter, your employer’s insurance will not cover them if you go to work. Also, HR will be obliged to send you home if you attempt to work away from home.

I know that my employer will not permit employees covered by a doc sick note to work for this reason, and if we feel well before our sick note runs out, we are required to see our doctor to confirm that we are able to return to work.

worth checking before you turn back up for work.
    I have no idea if the rules I have just quoted above apply to certain sectors or everyone.

• Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook