consultant prescribed tablets

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
yesterday i was told that myHbA1c is rising and i am on the maximum allowed tablets my practice nurse was going to ask the consultant to prescribe me a drug which only he can prescribe. what and why is this?

Tracey69

HI
Did they mention anything about you going on insulin as well as the tablets, i just wonder if thats why she mentioned talking to your consultant.
If i can help in any way please contact me.
Take care
Tracey

ClaireG 06

Could it be Byetta or Victoza?

I know my PCT doesn't do Victoza but you have to have to be referred to a consultant for Byetta.

raymond123

Dislikes
tv
no insulin was not mentioned but looking throgh the computer i have come accros gliptin which seems a possible answer. thank you.

Unbeliever

Do you mean sitaglyptin or Januvia? I know there is another "glyptin" but don't know anything about that.
Sitagliptin is very good if you have "spikes " in your levels.

My eye clinic arranged for me to see a diabetic consultant. I took along a list of my test readings for the previous week and it was perfecly clear that I had some high spikes in the evenings. This actually happened whenever I had a smaller meal than usual. I knew nothing of "liver dumping" at that time but it was obvious to them. It has worked very well for me. I was able to stop aking the glimepiride I had been on for years and the weight it had caused me to gain disappeared within a few weeks.

Well worth a try if this is what you mean but good luck with it all anyway. It is good to hvae a Gp who keeps abreast of the new developments.